“Hospitality, privacy and silence - this is what you'll get! excellent!”
Review of Althea

Althea
Ranked #34 of 286 Milan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I stayed at Althea during my visit to Italy and had a wonderful stay. I had my own room and bathroom for a very good price and the breakfast was delicious. The city center is around 20 min walking.

But the best part of all was my wonderful host Beatrice. She is an amazing lady. She is very kind, friendly and warm. She made a delicious dinner for me the last night. I don't have enough words to express my gratitude to Beatrice.

Stay here, it will be a wise choice!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Shehla B

Reviewed 21 May 2011

My sister and I stayed at the lovely Althea in February for a quick weekend (and I only now get around to write a review - but I couldn't forget this one...). Our stay was very memorable as we were immediately made to feel welcome. Everything was spotless clean and the beds were extremely comfortable - we never slept better! The location was great as you could easily walk to the city center or take a bus. The most wonderful part of the B&B was however the outstanding breakfast! Just amazing, with fresh croissants, jams, coffee, juice... If we come back to Milan, and I am sure we will, we will definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Miez
Reviewed 20 March 2011

the last night of our italy trip was spent with beatrice at her b&b. we easily found it from the train station using her detailed directions. on arrival, she gave us the tour of the b&b and showed us which buses to take into town on a map that we could keep.

the room (on the 3rd floor) was quiet, warm and comfortable. it was beautifully decorated and equipped with guidebooks as well as a binder full of useful information. the private bathroom was just outside our bedroom door.

we took the bus into town and the day we were there just happened to be milan's carnevale. the city center was busy and there was a small parade. we saw the duomo surrounded by people throwing confetti and shaving cream at each other. it was an interesting sight. the b&b was actually a nice walk back from the city center (about half an hour).

the following morning, beatrice served a good breakfast (croissants. breads, yogurt, cereal, tea, fruit, juice) and also looked up the bus schedules for us, so we could make it to the airport on time. we had breakfast in her dining room so we were able to see her cute and well behaved wiener dog and cat. (they don't wander into the b&b in case you are worried about allergies. they stay with beatrice in her fourth floor residence.) we regret not staying in milan and at althea b&b for a longer period of time as beatrice was so kind and welcoming. we would definitely recommend her place to our family and friends visiting the area.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hookedonBnBs
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Beatrice was lovely and her home was fantastic. Very clean, nicely decorated, warm and friendly. You need to take the bus to get to the city center and the train station, but Beatrice made sure we knew where to go. Loved it!

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 12 December 2010

Milan was the last stop on our two week trip in Italy, and we couldn't have spent it in a better place. The room was immaculate and the service was fantastic. We had an incredibly early flight the morning we left and Beatrice (the owner) made all the arrangements for us, including finding train schedules and arranging for a taxi at 4:30 in the morning. Althea is located in a quiet residential neighborhood, about a ten minute bus ride from the city center. The bus stop is right around the corner and is very easy to find. Overall, a fantastic end to our trip.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mhines02
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Well situated,first class hospitality, clean and coasy and good breakfast what more can you ask for !

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2010

I would like to thank you so much for the wonderful days I spent at your place. I have now been a few times and your hospitality is great. I can really recommend Althea for a nice and quiet stay near the centre.

Yours sincerely