“nice location”
Review of Hotel Mercurio

Hotel Mercurio
Ranked #371 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 19 May 2017

Business trip, the hotel is situated near Naviglio Grande , you can go to the Darsena on foot. Good wi-fi, kindness, the room was clean and with a balcony access. At breakfast you can have a lot of choices. Satisfied.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Well situated and Nice employées If you go to wonderful apollo club or charming al verde trattoria but walls are very thin and you heard everything that happen next rooms. And the night was cold, no heater end no money back..

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 30 December 2016

While not a luxury hotel, it offers the basic services at reasonable price, on a pretty good location...a shot walk away form the navigli, and well connected to the rest of the city attactions. The attention is usually not the best, but I've found that all over Italy in al kinds of lodgings, so I'm not going to underscore it for that.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

Definitely I don't really understand how Italian authorities star hotels. A 2* hotel in the rest of Europe is much more. A 2-metre-high window facing nowhere... A helpful, nice guy received you. The place is clean.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2015

Small hotel with friendly staff. very convenient location for me. rooms were quiet small. but as i was single it was ok for me and as i had a budget constraint i preferred this place. simple breakfast

Room Tip: If you have have a thin pocket and not expecting large rooms you could think of this hotel. Staff ar...
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 7 February 2015

I stayed here a few years ago, and knew going into it that it would be a budget experience given the price and ratings. But this experience was by far one of the worst I've had in my life, even given those lower expectations. Not sure if the same front-desk agent is there, but he made my stay a nightmare. At the time, I spoke barely any Italian, and he threatened to call the cops as he accused me of breaking a lightswitch in the room (which I never touched). On the 2nd night, there was no hot water in my room, so he moved me to a shared room with 3 other guests. I asked for a private room (which is what I paid for) but he again threatened to call the cops. I couldn't negotiate with him since I didn't speak his language, and finally I asked if I could just leave. He told me I owed him the remaining nights' rates. It was an awful experience, and I eventually just left and paid the remaining tab.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jeff F
Reviewed 26 October 2014

I knew that this is a cheap hotel and had read the reviews, so I was not surprised by anything. Although I had booked in advance, the receptionist had no idea about my arrival but accommodated me without problems. The room was old, but clean, nothing was missing, everything functioned well. The staff was very friendly and helpful, they even cleaned a spot on my bag when I left it for storage after check-out. For me, the mosquitoes were the only problem. If it is not a mosquito season, I may stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo