“Good for Business”

Sheraton Diana Majestic Hotel
Ranked #140 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Good overall, nothing really that outstanding. Good sleep, good location. One added good point is the happening bar in the lobby with some buzz. Its good when alone for business for a drink or to bring over colleagues. Still remember the white pasta with black peppercorn for the aperitivo which i thought was really cheap but good value for money i guess at the end.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Starwood M, General Manager at Sheraton Diana Majestic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Xobellas,thank you for taking the time to write you review and for the points that you have outlined : location, locals coming to the hotel bar & garden, the possibility to relax in a live place after a full day at work. We are glad you enjoyed the pasta of the happy hour, actually is a typical dish from Roman cuisine with Pecorino cheese and pepper, which is very tasty.
Hope to see you back !

Reviewed 16 April 2012

My visit to Milan started off on a bad note before I even entered this hotel. I took a taxi from the central train station, which is a little over two kilometers. Shortly after entering the taxi, and without my knowing it, the driver turned off the meter. When we arrived at the hotel, he wanted to charge me 25 euros. After I told him he was nuts, he lowered it to 20 euros. We argued a while longer, and after a lengthy stalemate, I realized he would not go below 15 euros. Shortly after entering the hotel, I realized that in my haste to get out of the taxi, I left my mobile phone behind. Stupido!

This is where the excellence begins. The hotel staff immediately started to assist in retrieving my phone. After checking in and leaving my luggage in the lobby, I headed back to the train station to see if the taxi driver had also returned. No luck in finding him. When I returned to the hotel, I learned that their efforts paid off, and that they found the driver, and my phone. I cannot imagine another 4 days of travel across Europe without it. I also found my luggage safely stowed in my room.

The excellence does not stop there. Every time I had a question or request, I was met with the professional friendliness that is normally reserved for the best of the 5-star hotels. I cannot say enough about how impressed I was with the entire staff at this hotel.

Rooms – I was in a single off the back of the hotel. It was very tastefully appointed with a smack of old world luxury. If you are looking for ultra-modern, this is not your place. I was looking for the comfortable, but classic European luxury. This is the place. The room was plenty spacious, and the bed was the most comfortable I’ve had in my prior 7 days in Europe. The room was very clean, and did not show signs of wear. The hotel was the same. Prior posts indicate a fair level of noise from the street, I noticed this as well, but it was nothing to keep me awake at night.

Location – It is a block off the metro which allows the ease of reaching most places in Milan. It is also a block from the end of Corso Buenos Aires, which I would equate to Michigan Avenue in Chicago. Plenty of shopping and fantastic restaurants.

Value – for the price I paid, I cannot imagine a better hotel. I will definitely make this my first choice whenever I visit Milano. And I will make sure that I tell my business colleagues the same.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DaddyYo

Dear DaddyYo, Thank you for this outstanding review on our Hotel and staff! We are glad we have made the difference during your business trip. Our main goal is not only to offer an outstanding service but to make people feel at ease and in a warm environment when travelling : being away from home is not always easy, and in a foreign country could be difficult when you have a problem. Your review regarding the hotel fully explains the Diana : historical hotel with Sheraton trademark ( sweet sleeper beds), central location in a residential area of Milan. Thank you again and see you soon then !

Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stayed for just one night at this hotel with my partner. The staff was not very friendly, and could not find us parking. Have to pay crazy prices for everything including Wifi which in most places I have stayed its usually free, even in some 2 star hotels. The room was nice and had what you would expect from a 4 star.It was very average and would not stay again. It was a good location but a little dogy at night. Ok for one night stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Nicolajin, Thank you for your review, it is always a pleasure to have feedback from guests. We are sorry your stay has not been up to your expectations even if the room was nice. We have a parking behind the hotel which probably was full but there are several options nearby , all with a charge ( as our parking) due to the fact that the hotel is centrally located. Internet included depends on the rate booked, we have several rates which have internet included. We sincerely hope you will give us another chance in the future to display the kind of service you expect from us and for which we are known for.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

The hotel is situated fairly close to "everything". You can go shopping nearby, there is a fair number of restaurants nearby and you have metro within less than five minutes walk. We didn't try breakfast at the hotel as there is a very nice caffeteria just across the street where you can have great coffee and freshly baked bread for a few euros.

The rooms: On the positive side: The room we stayed at had a good bed and a large bathroom. On the negative side: the room was extremely worn out and gave a very bad first impression. Further; no free internet at the rooms. All in all, we wouldn't go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on the backside of the hotel. The windows aren't soundproof but you didn't hear n...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cirlu
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We stayed two nights in March 2012. The staff were polite and helpful. We had a spacious room overlooking the garden. This is a typical "old world" hotel, cosy, nice bar and nice garden. Apart from the carpet at the entrance which seemed a little worn and dirty, I found the hotel very good overall.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank cypjim_11
Starwood M, General Manager at Sheraton Diana Majestic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

Dear Cyjpm
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about the Sheraton Diana Majestic in Milan. We were delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you appreciated our centenary garden and rooms overlooking it.
Our staff works exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special. Thank you also for the note about the carpet, that will be changed in the next days !
Have a great day !

Reviewed 29 March 2012

The courtyard is the best part of the hotel. It was really beautiful. Rooms were small and typical of this type of hotel. We had used boutique hotels in the rest of Italy and that is really our preference. Fitness room was well equipt. The staff was helpful in suggesting places to eat and making reservations. We were a little put off by Euro 10 Cokes at the bar when the cafes down the street are charging Euro 2.50!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear MarkS
Thank you for writing about our Hotel! We are an historical property of 106 rooms with each room different from the other : some have larger bedroom and smaller bathroom, some vice versa. We have rooms balconies overlooking the garden, some others with Milan views : room assignment is really hard sometimes, as also personal preferences can influence the choice! We are glad we are your preference and we are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Just stayed at the Sheraton Diana. It is a nice enough hotel with small rooms. Our room could use a fresh coat of paint and some of the furniture was tired. Location is good and front desk staff were very friendly. It was a warm weekend in Milan and we didn't have Air-conditioning. We opened the window at night but were facing a busy street. Between that and the not too comfortable bed, we didn't get much sleep. Overall though, based on what we paid I'm not too disappointed. I normally stay at Hilton's but didn't want to spend over 100 euros a night more to stay at the Hilton on this trip.

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear DC Gale
Thank you for your review : it is always nice to have feedback from guests: location and staff friendliness together with our beautiful bar and garden can make the difference; we are working for a room renovation in the near future, in the meantime we have refurbished our executive rooms recently and part of the garden view rooms. Air conditioning is now on : due to this uncommon temperature we had to anticipate the turning on of the system of one month ! We are sorry that you could not rest properly for this ! looking forward to welcoming you again in Milan , and thank again for taking the time to write !