2,384 results
All reviews great location eggs made to order non alcoholic drinks free soft drinks mini bar last supper restaurant recommendations the hotel staff wonderful hotel small hotel bottled water breakfast was delicious central location front desk staff wonderful stay two blocks highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed November 1, 2010

This hotel is minutes from the Duomo and the major shopping district in Milan and so ideally located. Moreover, it is right next door to the famous Peck 'food hall' and their two associated restaurants are just across the street (lunch at Italian Bar was fabulous and we bought wine daily from Peck). The reception staff are extremely friendly and helpful and speak excellent English. Their restaurant recommendations were outstanding and all were within easy walking distance. Free wifi and bottled juice and water in rooms very much appreciated. Breakfast excellent.

We stayed in a superior room which was clean, comfortable, but not 'over the top'. Two very minor quibbles associated with the design of the hotel/rooms. Why no towel hooks to hang large bathrobes and towels? An odd omission. Also, soundproofing could be improved as bathroom noise from adjoining rooms could be an irritant for light sleepers.

In summary, an excellent hotel and I would happily stay there again.

One quick additional tip for travelers to Milan, if you want to see Da Vinci's 'The Last Supper' you need to book weeks in advance and so remember to do it before you leave home.

Reviewed November 1, 2010

We wanted nice, and we needed close, but not the over the top price that you can get near the Duomo. We absolutely found it in hotel spadari al Duomo. Small to medium sized, friendly, effiecient, multilingual staff. Location 1 1/2 blocks from Duomo plaza on a quiet street- BONUS- right next to the wonderful deli/food mecca Peck! Room was comfortable, reasonably sized for Europe, clean, decor bright but not obtrusive, bathroom good sized. King sized bed (not two twins that keep sliding apart). Breakfast not spectacular, but good, includes eggs if you ask for them. Staff eager to help with directions, map, recommendations. I don't think we could have done better balancing location, quality and price in this area. Would definitely stay here again.
Go the the 7th floor market/cafe of La Rinascente for a treat.

Reviewed October 24, 2010

We have come to rely upon Trip Advisor reviews as a resouce in choosing our hotels, guest houses, etc. Based on the reviews for the hotel and the location we chose Hotel Spadari - we were not disappointed. We had room 53, a king size room with a beautiful garden terrace, that was perfect in the late afternoon to sit on, sip a glass of wine, read a book, write in your journal and reflect on the days exploration of the city. The level of service was excellent from the moment we checked in to when we departed two days later. Breakfast was excellent - you could order eggs whatever way you wished, great croissants, fresh fruit, cereals, juice, coffee, tea - whatever you wished. The hotel decor is very modern, with beautiful art not only in the lobby area, breakfast room but in every single room. Our bathroom was large, with glass blocks on the outside wall that faced on to the terrace which made the bathroom light and airy. Our room was on the back side of the hotel and was exceptionally quiet and the bed extremely comfortable.

Many other reviewers have commented on the location - close to the Duomo, La Scala, the Gallery shopping area, etc. Even closer (almost next door) is 'Peck' gastronomie - a gastronomy experience that you just have to experience - from the wine cellar in the basement floor, to the gourmet meat counters, sea food counters, cheese and deli areas on the first floor to the tea room/delicatessant/wine bar on the third floor. We stopped for a glass of wine, early afternoon, as the lunch crowd arrived to pick up lunch from the delicatessant or to order lunch at one of the many tables. As we sat sipping our wine, the waiter brought us first a sandwich and as i ordered a second glass of wine, olives and crackers - just for us to sample - what class. We had only wished that we had had more time to spend in Milan.

We highly recommend Hotel Spadari - it is the hotel we will stay at the next time we are in Milan.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ErskineLane61
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Hotel Spadari is very well located within walking distance of many of the main sights of Milan.
Staff are great - enthusiastic, well trained, helpful, friendly. Check in/out was a breeze.
Rooms are very good indeed - best bed/pillows we had in 5 weeks in Italy. Plenty of room, very good bathroom/showers.
Breakfast is good quality, BUT the breakfast area is very small, so be prepared to wait. A better option is to have breakfast in your room.
Excellent free WiFi.

Reviewed October 23, 2010

I had booked this hotel after reading reviews from TripAdvisor and am glad I did.
The hotel was easy to find. I arrived at 7am, way too early to check in. Mara, who was handling the front desk offered to look for an available room for me (there was unfortunately none) and also a cappucino & croissant. I read the newspapers and decided to walk around. Location was central and I walked to Duomo, Castello Sforzesco and the weekend markets easily.
When I came back, my luggage was already in my room. Seeing a takeaway pizza in my hand, Mara sent one of the girls up with cutlery, plate and napkin.
My room is spacious and clean and the bathroom a good size one. The room has a balcony and look into the streets but it was not noisy. I can also see the Madonna on Duomo.
The mini bar has several selection, of which water, juices, soft drinks and chocolates were free.
In the evening, I received fruits and sweets - a nice surprise.
Breakfast was excellent. The ladies working at the breakfast area were efficient and friendly. I ordered scrambled eggs with cheese and mushroom and it turned out to be superb. The buffet selection was small but the quality was good.
I stayed in 4 different hotels in Milan during the same period and readily rates this one as Number 1.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo