7,202 results
All reviewscentral stationrubber duckcarrot juicethe main hotelmini barfree soft drinksbreakfast buffetexcellent hotelfree wifiroom temperaturemilano centralesuperior roomminute walktea and coffeesingle roommalpensa airportlake como
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. The room is tiny - if you had a large suitcase you'd struggle to move around the room. It's clean enough. My other problem was that I like to sleep in a cool room and the air con wouldn't drop below 21C degrees. This meant I had to open my window, which lead to lots of noise. On top of that I had a room next to the elevators and staircase, which also kept me awake. All in all, not a great night's stay. Location is excellent, though, for train and airport transportation. The underground is 100 yards away and only four quick stops to Duomo and the main tourist sites and shopping. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't stay next to the elevators and staircase!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We stayed one night at the Hotel Berna in Milan on our way to Venice. The hotel is very close to the station and the rooms were clean and welcoming. However the staff are what makes this hotel. They are all so friendly and helpful and the gentleman at reception recommended a nearby restaurant where we had the best T bone steak I have tasted in my life. The hotel also has many free little extras such as free mini bar items and a bag of cookies which were very nice unexpected touches. I would highly recommend this hotel. Our only dislike really was that the hotel does not have any family rooms or even connecting rooms so for our family of 4 we had to get 2 separate rooms across the hall from each other.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2012

You have to put this high rating in context - it's all about value for money. It is not the Ritz Carlton or even the Marriott. But for reasonable price you get:
1. Great location 1 block from Station Centrale with transfers to airport, and 15-20 minute walk downtown
2. About the best breakfast buffett you will get anywhere
3. Friendly and helpful staff
4. Pre check in e mail and you can tailor your room - pillows, how you want the mini bar stocked

So no facny doorman or concirge, but if you have a need the front desk can fufill it. The bathroom was a little tight, the walls were a little thin, but I gurantee you will like it!

Room Tip: There are 7 room choices - select one of the higher end rooms
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Again had the pleasure of staying at Hotel Berna for 3 nignts during January 2012 as part of our month long journey through northern Italy. This was our 2nd time staying at this hotel. My wife and I both enjoy the convenient location to the central railway station in Milan as well as to the shops (a 15/20 minute walk), the very high level of guest service combined with approachability and local knowledge and the excellent breakfasts - again rated the best we experienced due to the freshness and variety of fruit and other hot and cold food to choose from. Very clean rooms, free (fast) wifi and free mini bar.
Phil and Lis from Australia

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Great value for money, good location - 3 mins walking from Central station, friendly and helpful staff, tasty breakfast buffet. I would definitely book again :)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business