7,202 results
All reviewscentral stationrubber duckcarrot juicethe main hotelmini barfree soft drinksbreakfast buffetexcellent hotelfree wifiroom temperaturemilano centralesuperior roomminute walktea and coffeesingle roommalpensa airportlake como
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I was going to give Hotel Berna a very positive review, but then we had a credit card emergency and the help we received was so over and above what we expected that now I can't praise them highly enough. We discovered on the morning of our departure that we'd left our credit card at a restaurant the night before. We explained we had to use a different card and were planning to try to contact the restaurant ourselves with our limited Italian, but the very nice man at check out (so sorry I didn't note his name!) agreed to call for us--and did so as soon as the restaurant opened. I hope this isn't a concern for anyone else, but if you do have a problem, you'll be in good hands.

As for the hotel itself, we were so pleased with everything that my husband refused to believe we were paying as little as we did. He assumed we'd be charged extra for things like the reliable wifi and huge, delicious breakfast spread, but we weren't. (We were lucky to be there on Easter Sunday morning and see the special ceremony of the first child to arrive at breakfast getting to break open a huge chocolate egg.) We've stayed in enough European hotels to know to expect a compact-sized room and a shower my husband can barely fit under so these weren't problems. Everything was very pleasant, but the kindness of the staff tipped the scales over into a real treasure.

It's true the area near the Stazione Centrale isn't the loveliest neighborhood in Milan, but we weren't looking for lovely--we were looking to be able to roll our suitcases two blocks from the hotel to the station for an early morning train and that's exactly what we did. And the Milan Metro is close by and efficient so we were able to get to the lovely part quickly and easily.

A huge thank you to the kind man who helped us with our lost card! We highly recommend Hotel Berna and still can't believe how affordable it was.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lesley_ey
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Positive point: Location, services, staff, breakfast, room, french and english speaking, free mini-bar in the room, free coffee and water in the Lobby, free internet in the room and the lobby (11mbp!)

Improvement point: Vaccum cleaner very early in the morning, parking for big car, expensive parking (Milano...)

Room Tip: Try to book a room in the middle of the corridor, i mean avoid near lifts ;-)
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Great hotel, beside the train station so very handy for geting to and from the airport.Hotel is a bit dated but very clean. Max in the bar was great fun and very friendly gave us a lovely restaurant to go to where we had a lovely meal and was full of Italian so was a real Italian expierience (Ristorante antica osteria Standhal on via Ancona) Breakfast is on untill 11 and a big choice. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank eithno
Reviewed April 15, 2012

This hotel exceeded my expectations. I had read in hotel specs that the rooms were small, so I was quie prepared for this. However, despite the size, the room was very well equipped. Carefully positioned mirrors made the space look larger. There was a work desk, plenty of storage space, safe, mini bar and tea and coffee making facilities. The bathroom was also small, accommodating a shower instead of a bath, but it was immaculate and housed everything we needed. The Hotel is very central to many attactions and a few minutes walk from Milan's Central station. Breakfast was excellent, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The little extras, such as the Easter eggs on our beds, slippers, bath robe and non alcoholic free mini bar, which was regularly topped up, made our stay very comfortable and pleasant. Hot drinks were always avaliable in the lobby and there were several pc monitors available for the use of the guests. This hotel is suitable for families, business travellers and others. I would definitely recommend it. If I come back to Milan, I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Excellent location and services. Recommended for staff accessibility and good breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2012