Flora Hotel
  • Room Service
Hotel Berna(Milan)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscentral stationmilano centralegreat cappuccinothe breakfast room staffdecent staycontinental breakfastcleaned every daythe air conditioningnext morningpoor breakfastbudget hotelminutes walking distanceexcellent locationdouble roomstaff at receptioneuropean hotelsstayed one night
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Having just returned from my trip to Milan, I felt compelled to write a review so that other people might not have there stay spoilt.
First up the Air conditioning didn't work. When I enquired as to why? I simply got a disinterested shrug of the shoulders from the man on reception. It doesnt work in the entire hotel apparently.. oh well thats ok then, I dont feel so hard done by now.. It would appear the non working air condioting is a more a perment rather than temporary affliction affecting the hotel.
The staff in general are simply unfriendly.. apart from the lady at Breakfast who was quite cheerful...
The rest of the evening / night was spent drowning in a pool of my own sweat whilst being entertained by an extremely enthusastic Italian couple in the room next door.
I think thats about it.. oh apart from to say that there appeared to be something growing out of the shower head and did I tell you the Air conditioning wasnt working didnt I ...

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
HotelFloraMilano, Direttore at Flora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2011

Dear Sir,

The air conditioning was off because in our hotel the ENTIRE AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM IS OFF BEETWEEN THE 10TH OF OCTOBER TILL THE 10TH OF MAY! During this period (October - May), because of the low temperature in Milan, only the heater is available. While beetween May and October the heater is off and the air conditioning is on. It's a policy that almost all the 3 stars hotel in Milan do. I invite you to join us now at our hotel and you will be able to check that the air conditioning is working properly as we just switched it on two days ago...
Looking forward to welcome you again...

Reviewed May 9, 2011

This is the second time I have stayed at the Flora and again I was not disappointed. I have stayed at a number of similarly rated hotels in the same area and I would have to say it is definitely one of the nicer ones. Both times I have stayed in a single room and whilst not "spacious" I like that the rooms are very, very clean. The location is fantastic because you are a 2 minute walk to the railway station and the subway is on the corner. The bus to Malpensa is also just a couple of hundred metres from the Hotel which suited me after my rather indulgent shopping expedition!!! . Staff always make the difference for me, especially because I travel alone, and I found the staff particularly friendly and helpful. I found them uniformly good - unusual in most Italian hotels. They were patient with my terrible Italian, but all spoke good English and were very obliging. I felt well looked after. The breakfast was simple - usual stuff, but plenty of it and the lady who served me was singing so obviously she was happy to be there! The only gripe I have is that I could not stay longer!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I was in Milan for business and stay in this well located Hotel just 5 minutes walking distance from the Central Train station. The staff was very helpfull and professional, breakfast incredible and internet in the room worked very well. The room was very clean, the overall impression was very good and i definetly come back there next time I will be in Milan.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2011

Me and my girlfriend stayed at the Flora hotel for two nights in february and we were very satisfied about our stay there. The hotel is nicely decorated, its clean and has a very nice staff and service. The hotel is located just 100 metres from the central train station where you easily can get to the airport and to the cathedral by metro. I really recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I have been in this hotel in the middle of January. Before that we were living in hotel Berna for 3 days ( which is close to Flora). At first we had planed to visit Bergamo for 2 days, but we liked Milan very much and decided not to go anywhere else, but to stay in Milan for 2 days more. Unfortunately, Berna did not have available rooms (the hotel was fully booked). So, we chose Flora hotel to stay in. We came in Flora hotel and booked the room 1 day in advance (the receptionist told us that we have to pay for 1 night in order to book) and we paid. When I asked the receptionist any document confirming my payment and booking, he answered me that everything is in the computer and at checking out they will give us the neccessary documents. I did not mind. At 12 o' clock next day we occupied our room ( it was ready for us) and everything was OK! The rooms was very clean (even with slippers, toothpaste and brush provided!). The breakfast was good for 3 stars hotel (we liked it) and after breakfast we paid for 1 more night (the last one). We had an early flight, so we went out from our room at 4.10 to catch a bus which departures to the airport at 4.30. When we came up to the receptionist for checking out, he greeted us not politely and asked to wait 1 minute because he cant open the necessary programme in the computer. After waiting of 10 minutes, I asked what is problem. The receptionist (he was young I had not seen him before) told me that he has to check in the computer the payment , but it needs time for opening because it is not set up for a new date yet. But in an exercise book in front of him he said it is marked that we paid, but he must see in computer to be sure! And added that he did not know that we would make check out at night because we did not inform in advance and did not ask for wake-up call. I was not told before that I have to inform before that I will do at night check out! And why I need wake-up call if I have it on my mobile?! His argumentation was very strange! Then he started asking the dates we paid. After 5 minutes he opened computer and said that it is Ok and told us good bye. All this was so unpleasant for me and my mother and we had a big stress because we were afraid that we would not manage to catch our bus and we would be late for our flight. thanks to God, that we cought our bus, but we had to run with bags as dogs! The receptionist did not even apologise for such inconviniences!!!I think the reception must be ready for clients' check out non stop for 24 hours. While booking the hotel I asked whether they offer package breakfast for early flights and the answer was "NO". Then why I must inform in advance that I would leave early morning?! Only in the bus, I got remembered that he did not give me any documents, then why he needed to open the computer if in note book was written that we paid?! It is really sad that we had such terrible check out! because price, the hotel and breakfast we liked! I do not recommend this hotel to anybody! P.S. Big thanks to the man who helped us to carry baggage to our room the first day (we met him on the first floor). Unfortunately I dont know his name and position! He was very polite with us and his English was good!

• Stayed: January 2011
HotelFloraMilano, Direttore at Flora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2011

Dear Sirs,

We thank you very much for your review. We are very glad you liked our hotel but we are very sad for the mentioned night unconvenience. We guess unfortunately your check out was during our system update (it's a procedure that takes about 5 minutes and it's made every night): during this operation the system it's not available and properly the receptionist wanted to wait till the process was ended to check if your bill was paid...We are very sorry for this unconvenience (even if i would not give 2/5 to an hotel if my stay was overall good as you reported just because the printout of the bill has been slow...)
Having said that we thank you very much for your review and we hope to have you as our guest in the future .