“a nice old style hotel near to train station”
Review of Andreola Hotel

Andreola Hotel
Ranked #98 of 428 Hotels in Milan
shanghai
“a nice old style hotel near to train station”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

This is a nice old style hotel. our bathroom is spacious, but bed room is relatively small. Bed mat could be better, but bearable. the breakfast is very good, many choices, good taste and good service. this was beyond our expectation. the location is good, 5-min walk to train station, airport-bus station and subway. So overall, i was pleased about staying here.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank mengbei

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We stayed here at last minute and we just loved it. It was very central to Buenos Aries fashion street, and 2 mins to the local central train station. So easy to get around. There were fabulous restaurants within 2-10mins walking distance, and all lovely. The staff here were just wonderful. Porters especially welcoming, and the breakfast staff most accommodating to early starters! We would certainly be back again and we're from NZ!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank REVYCHELL
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The hotel was adequate. It is two blocks from the Central Station so if your'e traveling by train to Malpensa or anywhere, it's certainly convenient. If you're traveling with others, walking around the creepy area won't feel so uneasy (and I'm a NY'er, so I know creepy).

There were just some strange things about the hotel that we did not encounter at other Italian accommodations. The a/c didn't work that well (it was 100 degrees, tho), we had trouble getting the internet connection we paid for, the floors were undergoing some construction or repair and there was sawdust all over and no one roped it off; several times I slipped! The staff, though helpful and willing in an icy way, knew absolutely nothing about food options in the area - or not in the area - and wanted us to eat in their restaurant. We did not.
Enter Tripadvisor! They saved the day. We visited the Navarro area late our first night and ate at a wonderful gem of a restaurant the second night, our last in Italy. I will write a review of Osteria dell'Acquabella, [ http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187849-d1095150-Reviews-Osteria_dell_Acquabella-Milan_Lombardy.html] right off the metro - I believe it is the Padova stop? So worth the trip. A wonderful end to our visit. Just had to go back to our odd hotel near the central station ...

Room Tip: Ask for anything and they will comply
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ihr
Haarlem, The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We've spent three nights in this Hotel and unfortunately I have never experienced such bad service ever. First night at 2am all the lights and airconditioning stopped working. Not a single leaflet in the room telling me what the phone number of the reception is. When I went to reception desk early in the morning they actually laughed at me that I didn't know it was 9... How should I know? Twice did someone of the staff enter my room unannounced - during the night...when I was in my bed trying to sleep. Also this they denied. When the 2nd day I again couldnt get into my room because the key was failing, as well as all the lights and airco, I actually had to beg for a different room. There is no WIFI. They sell you WIFI for 20 euros, but that only works on one laptop and you can only use it in the lounge. Not in your room, but that they don't tell. When you complain or asked questions about things, they all just say it is your problem. Not theirs.
The staff is rude and not service minded. I have never actually been so dissapointed that I have taken the effort to write a review, but this hotel tops it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Willemijns
Reviewed 11 July 2011

The people at the reception where unfriendly and they did not feel responsible at all for anything in the hotel.
With check out there was nobody how was responsible to talk about the bad wifi connection. The receptionist only told me to fill in a suggestion form and have let me pay for no wifi at all.
The worst thing is he said fu** when I gave him my credit card because something was not working behind his desk.
All thougt the rooms where nice and clean. Only because off the staff behind the reception I will never return there.

• Stayed July 2011
CAMPAMARCY, Responsabile reception at Andreola Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2011
Dear Sir or Madame,

I have just read through your comment about the service in Hotel and of course you have made me feel quite upset but, no excuse about this matter. The Management like to strong apologize and ask really sorry about this unconvenience and we will go deep about this situation. If you feel to inquiry me again you can reach me at the following e-mail mcampanella@andreolahotel.it. Of course I will show your comment to our staff and have tough discussion with them. It is unacceptable, I realize.
Hope you will return again in our Hotel and see our improvement. Thanks for writing your comment. Marcello Campanella - Front Office Manager.
Adelaide
Reviewed 6 July 2011

My wife and I stayed her for 2 nights 28/4-30/4 in room 212. It was shown as a 4 star hotel and we'd not argue, based on European assessments. Good staff, comfortable room and beds, clean and in a brilliant location for us as train travellers. We bought and used a day pass on the metro, brilliant. Good breakfast, only annoyance was that the room was hot and they did not seem to be able to fix it, albeit with a disarming smile and hands spead..Not cheap but this was Milan.
The restaurants, take your pick . The Duomo and the adjacent Gallery, La Scala Opera House, Via Spadri and Pecks, Restaurant la Petit near the hotel. Just beaut.

Room Tip: Just stay there
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SouthOztraveller
singapore
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Good location. No free wifi.. It is chargeable. The rooms are alright. Dinner at the top floor restaurant was very nice. There was only one waiter but he was efficient n helpful.

• Stayed June 2011