“pleasant stay + convenient for train and airport”
Review of Andreola Hotel

Andreola Hotel
Ranked #99 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Paris
“pleasant stay + convenient for train and airport”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

One block from the train station and the buses that service the airports, in a pleasant residential neighborhood and you walk into a charming, old, world lobby. Three metro stops or a twenty minute walk from the Duomo and main shopping area and of course great restaurants. A decent buffet breakfast to get you started in the morning. A friendly staff who dont mind you leaving your luggage. And the rooms are clean, comfortable and a good size. There are hotels that are are closer to the main attractions, but if you are looking for convience when arriving or leaving the city and are fussy about clean, comfortable rooms, this place will meet your needs.

Room Tip: As usual, rooms near the elevator and on the first flood, facing front are a bit noisier. We stayed...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TinParis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I used to travel a lot to Milan for work before I moved in town, and my best choice was Andreola Hotel.
It is conveniently located near the central station, but it is in a quiet street and rooms aren't noisy at all.
The lobby is quite tasteful, it has a small bar serving drinks up to late hours.
Large and well equipped bedrooms, with lovely decoration style.
Very generous breakfast!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank emotterle
shanghai
Reviewed 1 November 2011

This is a nice old style hotel. our bathroom is spacious, but bed room is relatively small. Bed mat could be better, but bearable. the breakfast is very good, many choices, good taste and good service. this was beyond our expectation. the location is good, 5-min walk to train station, airport-bus station and subway. So overall, i was pleased about staying here.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank mengbei
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We stayed here at last minute and we just loved it. It was very central to Buenos Aries fashion street, and 2 mins to the local central train station. So easy to get around. There were fabulous restaurants within 2-10mins walking distance, and all lovely. The staff here were just wonderful. Porters especially welcoming, and the breakfast staff most accommodating to early starters! We would certainly be back again and we're from NZ!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank REVYCHELL
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The hotel was adequate. It is two blocks from the Central Station so if your'e traveling by train to Malpensa or anywhere, it's certainly convenient. If you're traveling with others, walking around the creepy area won't feel so uneasy (and I'm a NY'er, so I know creepy).

There were just some strange things about the hotel that we did not encounter at other Italian accommodations. The a/c didn't work that well (it was 100 degrees, tho), we had trouble getting the internet connection we paid for, the floors were undergoing some construction or repair and there was sawdust all over and no one roped it off; several times I slipped! The staff, though helpful and willing in an icy way, knew absolutely nothing about food options in the area - or not in the area - and wanted us to eat in their restaurant. We did not.
Enter Tripadvisor! They saved the day. We visited the Navarro area late our first night and ate at a wonderful gem of a restaurant the second night, our last in Italy. I will write a review of Osteria dell'Acquabella, [ http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187849-d1095150-Reviews-Osteria_dell_Acquabella-Milan_Lombardy.html] right off the metro - I believe it is the Padova stop? So worth the trip. A wonderful end to our visit. Just had to go back to our odd hotel near the central station ...

Room Tip: Ask for anything and they will comply
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ihr
Haarlem, The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We've spent three nights in this Hotel and unfortunately I have never experienced such bad service ever. First night at 2am all the lights and airconditioning stopped working. Not a single leaflet in the room telling me what the phone number of the reception is. When I went to reception desk early in the morning they actually laughed at me that I didn't know it was 9... How should I know? Twice did someone of the staff enter my room unannounced - during the night...when I was in my bed trying to sleep. Also this they denied. When the 2nd day I again couldnt get into my room because the key was failing, as well as all the lights and airco, I actually had to beg for a different room. There is no WIFI. They sell you WIFI for 20 euros, but that only works on one laptop and you can only use it in the lounge. Not in your room, but that they don't tell. When you complain or asked questions about things, they all just say it is your problem. Not theirs.
The staff is rude and not service minded. I have never actually been so dissapointed that I have taken the effort to write a review, but this hotel tops it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Willemijns
Reviewed 11 July 2011

The people at the reception where unfriendly and they did not feel responsible at all for anything in the hotel.
With check out there was nobody how was responsible to talk about the bad wifi connection. The receptionist only told me to fill in a suggestion form and have let me pay for no wifi at all.
The worst thing is he said fu** when I gave him my credit card because something was not working behind his desk.
All thougt the rooms where nice and clean. Only because off the staff behind the reception I will never return there.

• Stayed July 2011
CAMPAMARCY, Responsabile reception at Andreola Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2011
Dear Sir or Madame,

I have just read through your comment about the service in Hotel and of course you have made me feel quite upset but, no excuse about this matter. The Management like to strong apologize and ask really sorry about this unconvenience and we will go deep about this situation. If you feel to inquiry me again you can reach me at the following e-mail mcampanella@andreolahotel.it. Of course I will show your comment to our staff and have tough discussion with them. It is unacceptable, I realize.
Hope you will return again in our Hotel and see our improvement. Thanks for writing your comment. Marcello Campanella - Front Office Manager.