Hotel San Guido
Hotel Tocq(Milan)
3 Rooms(Milan)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsantique furniturecorso comogaribaldi train stationper nightcentral milanthe hotel staff
Reviewed October 24, 2011

The staff were very nice, polite and friendly, which made my trip much more pleasant. As others have mentioned, nice funishings. Clean, efficient place. A city hotel, so a bit noisy with windows open, but there's air conditioning. About 5 minutes from the metro, maybe 25 minute walk to the Duomo. I paid 80 euro a night for a single room (single bed), which I was happy to find. Would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed October 21, 2011

First, I would NOT call the breakfast "very poor" :). It was enough to fill me, and it was good-tasting, and variable. Fresh fruit was a nice touch.

The single room on the 1st floor was spacious and well-furnished, the bathroom looked newly refurbished, the towels were changed daily, and the small refrigerator was very convenient. The window was to the busy street, but the glass was thick and with closed window there was no noise.

TV had only Italian channels, but I do not care for TV anyway :)

Free wifi was working OK, but only in the lobby. Lobby was very comfortable so it was no real problem.

The staff was wonderful, very helpful. The place is good for walking to the city center, historical places and to shopping streets, and has good public transportation links

All in all - a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I chose this hotel based on the reviews on this site and I must say it was not as good as described here. We chose a triple room, and paid only 75 euro/night, which was a great deal. I think we used Bookings.com.

Firstly, the hotel is very pretty, old style with lots of old and beautiful decorations, paintings etc. I liked this.

The location is not amazing. Some 25 mins walking from the center, but in an area with immigrants, the Chinese street was some minutes away, plus most of the restaurants around were Turkish kebab etc. This will not really bother you, but bear in mind that the location is not amazing.

The only thing I did not like was the breakfast: included in the price, but extremely poor. If you want just marmalade, cakes and coffee, then you will be happy. There were 3 types of very good cakes, some marmalade, honey, juice etc, but nothing else except one type of ham. Bread was few. The waitress was refilling the bread basket with 2,3 pieces each time. So you had to wait a lot.

The service was nice, the reception was OK, one receptionist was extremely kind, all the rest just OK.

Wireless in the room is free, but very poor signal. I had to go in the lounge room downstairs for better signal.

I would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We recently stayed at Hotel San Guido and it was easy to get to from the train station.
It is a 5min walk from the Garibaldi train station, one stop from Central. The outside of the Hotel of the Hotel looked quite old and there was graffiti on the front wall, and we were a little worried.
When we checked in we had to wait while the receptionist was on the phone talking, but we got used to waiting on staff all over Italy, they get to you in their good time! Eventually he looked after us and was pleasant and helpful.
The room was a little old, but big, comfortable and clean. It has a homely vibe with lots of antique furniture. The bathroom was small but nice, my husband, even I had a little trouble manuvering in the tiny shower!
The Hotel is right opposite the tram that takes you straight into central Milan, about 6 stops, 15min approx. you buy the tickets at the newspaper shop next door around 2 euro.
Breakfast was croissants, bread, cake, cereal, juice, and one of the ladies makes you a coffee. It is quite cute, you almost feel like you are staying with family.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We choose this hotel due to our budget and were not expecting too much. However, we were very pleasantly surprise. The location was great. Located only 20 minutes walking through a lovely park to the city center or 5 minutes by a tram.
The staff in the hotel provided us with map and all the necessary information we need it for our sightseeing. They were all very accommodating.
They were also very generous as we have forgotten our car papers in the hotel. After contacting them they confirm that the papers are in the hotel and mail them back to us.
Great hotel to stay with a great price.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family