“Indeed mini but very value for money! Highly recommended”

Hotel Aosta - Gruppo MiniHotel
Ranked #137 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Singapore
“Indeed mini but very value for money! Highly recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

Located on the left of the Milano Centrale, it is a good location for anyone who is looking for convenience with a small price tag. Rooms are small but have en suite bathrooms. It is just 4 stops from the Duomo on the yellow metro line. And changing to the red line at Duomo you will reach the Castello Sforzesco at Cairoli Castello. At this station, those who are interested to visit the Foxtown shopping outlet, can sign up a day trip with a travel agency for EUR20/-. Daily departures at 2pm.
Internet at eyr9 for 24hr, accumulative usage. Just log out when not in use, so that you can log in again over your stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Thane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2011

A quick short stay was pleasent enough due to cozy rooms and lounge, right in front of MIlano Centrale station. Recommanded for frequent travellers.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank vivekkmehta
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

The reviews on this hotel did not disappoint and we had a great stay. A very clean hotel, beautiful breakfast on top floor overlooking the piazza at the Central Station. Quite a wide choice( continental - nothing cooked apart from eggs) . The bus from Bergamo airport stops at the train station, walk towards the piazza( the bus drops people at the left side of the station and the piazza is facing you as you alight) turn left and look towards the trees and McDonalds(the usual yellow 'M' as there is another one across the road with a red 'M'. ) The hotel is a blue building and is only a five minute walk.
My daughter twisted her ankle while we were there and the staff were very helpful in supplying ice to help with the swelling and enquired after her the following day.
The only fault could be that there are no tea/coffee making facilities in the room but there is air-conditioning in the rooms which was most welcome! There is also internet costing 4euros for one hour but the hour can be spread over the days you are staying.
I would definately recommend this hotel and if I came back to Milan I would also stay here again

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank lanzaholic
Rome, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

I stayed in this hotel last March for business. Oh my God, what a terrible experience. I reserved a single room and they welcomed me at the check-in announcing me proudly that I would have receive a complimentary upgrade to a superior double room: Wow, thanks!
As soon as I entered in the room, I was truly shocked: furniture was OLD, so DAMAGED... old tv (no problem..) was set on a damaged table (the corner of the table were all broken by previous guests), bedside tables were from the late '60s...
Ok, no problem for the style... but please, at least give me a CLEAN ROOM! I opened the minibar and found AN OPEN (and already BITEN!) CAKE and MEDICINES!!! I was totally shocked. I went to the bathroom and found hairs on the wc (disgusting!) and in the shower (bleah!). It was clear that they gave me a room which had not been cleaned, they simply make the bed! Again, really, I was totally shocked. I went down to the reception and complained, they answered me that probably, the clients who left the room that morning forgot his medicines in the fridge, what's the problem? AM I DREAMING?! THIS MEANS THAT NOBODY CHECKED THE ROOM, THAT NOBODY CLEANED!!!
I don't recommend this hotel AT ALL!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
6 Thank goodtraveller85

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

Loano, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2010

The hotel is located right next to the Central Station. I was worried about the noise coming from outside, but there was none, despite all the traffic around. The windows were perfect! The room was very cozy and clean, the staff was friendly and helpful. I would totally stay there again when I'm in Milan.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2010

We were in Milan for one night to visit the San Siro stadium for a football match. This hotel is located right next to the central train station. There is also a metro station there. It is therefore easy to get around to the main sights and the San Siro. The hotel itself is old. The room was clean but very dated. The best part of the hotel is the breakfast room on the 8th floor overlooking the large square outside. Overall I'd recommend a short stay at this hotel but maybe it isn't suitable for more than a night or two.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2010

Good reservation service with Mr. Khaled who is prompt. Best price for the room, Very clean too! The only minus thing for this hotel is they dont have free WiFi and when we arrived early morning the concierge on duty does not want to check-in us early because the room was not yet ready, so I said okay will check in later the night when we come back from sightseeing, but he said that we need to leave ID card(in our case the swiss permit card) So that he can check in us later of the day but we said that we cant leave our ID card because we are going out of the border between Milan and Lugano Switzerland. Concierge said that He cannot guarantee us any room unless we leave our ID card! How can that be!? Weird for me because I work in the Hotel industry too as a Front desk Clerk and we never say we cannot guarantee a room just because you dont have any ID to leave. And No hotel in Europe and USA that I have been to has asked me to leave any ID! Also the breakfast is okay but it lacks the real breakfast menu like ham, bacon and eggs. compare to swiss hotels that is so generous to breakfast. but otherwise this hotel is OKAY!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family