All reviews public transport supermarket neighborhood pros wifi station duomo noise
Reviewed August 20, 2017

Little hotel in a lively neighbourhood not to expensive (good value). It is clean and well run. Minimal breakfast but italian expresso save your morning. Good WIFI. Not far away from central train station and from down town (few stations with tramway). Only one disadvantage : rooms are not very well soundproofed.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

Pros: very clean, ok breakfast, very near a supermarket, a tram stop, bus stop and metro station. Not too far from the central station. The bed was very firm - not great for me but suited my husband perfectly, so it's all down to personal preference. We had a room with a window to the rear of the building, and could hear the trams but weren't disturbed by them. The bathroom was very clean as well, and we had no complaints about the room itself.

However, I find myself unable to get over our first impression of the hotel. We'd booked and pre-paid a room for two adults and a three-year-old through hotels.com. On arrival, the staff angrily told us that the room we'd booked was for two people only. (Apparently Lombardy has strict laws about how many people can occupy a certain number of square metres.)

It was very warm, we were tired from walking and hungry (obviously not the hotel's fault...) which made it even more upsetting to be greeted with the news that our booking was void and that we apparently (?) should have realized this ourselves. (Never mind that our booking expressly stated "two adults, one child".) After what felt like endless arguing with the quite unfriendly and un-service-minded staff, who spoke next to no English, I was ready to leave and look for something else, and let hotels.com handle the refund. However, the proprietress grudgingly offered a bigger room if we paid an extra 100€ for our (five-night) stay. We were as mentioned really tired and hungry (including the three-year-old) and so we didn't have the energy to leave and find another place for the five nights we'd booked and pre-paid...

For our needs, the room was nice enough and the hotel itself was fine. The location isn't great, but convenient for public transport. If the staff hadn't initially been so unpleasant, we'd probably have graded higher (and once our "dispute" was settled by us paying them more money, they were friendlier. Sometimes.)

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2017

Pros: Clean rooms with large bathroom
Close to metro stop
Neighborhood close to good restaurants and bars as well as grocery store
Cons: Women at desk not very friendly or welcoming
Trolley passes every half hour from 0600 to midnight creating a lot noise

Room Tip: Can walk to train station and metro stop
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2017

Stayed in this place in February 2016.
In a walking distance to a metro station and a supermarket. The rooms are clean but noisy because of the tram outside. It was almost impossible for me to sleep all nights. For winter time it would be great to have an additional blanket in the room that was missing during my stay and it was cold to sleep without pyjama.
Breakfasts are average for Italy. Stuff do not speak fluent English though it wasn't a problem. The room was not so expensive so it was a good value of money.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2017

I have never stayed at any hotel that the staff was so rude and unwelcoming. I booked two nights and I seriously thought about taking the loss and getting another room. The beds and pillows were very uncomfortable. The room and bathroom were bigger than most. The included breakfast was minimal. I thought that this hotel was closer to the train station but it is a bit of a walk. However, it is close to a grocery market. You must turn your key in when you leave and pick up when you return. Also, we left at 6:00 am and the front door was locked. Someone from the staff woke up from a room on the main floor to let us out. I am not sure when they lock up for the night.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple