2,144 results
All reviews bernie gallotta lodi tibb swimming cap swimming pool guest relations metro station yellow line lovely hotel centre of milan steam room linate airport large hotel turn down service spa area concierge service breakfast was excellent long weekend
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very beautiful hotel, with very clean and beautiful rooms, friendly staff.
Great breakfast with a lot of choices.
About 2 minutes walking to metro, about 2km from centre of Milan and also very close to Linate airport.
I will visit again

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Yveline C, Responsabile reception at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear YannickS3,

thank you for your kind review and the nice words about location and staff attitude: recognition by our Guests is the strongest source of motivation for us.

We are looking forward to hosting you soon in Milan.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fabulous hotel just 4 metro stops from Duomo.
The hotel was fairly quiet but this was due to the time we visited - mid summer and during the national holiday. As a result, we were limited with local restaurants and needed to travel further afield to have dinner out.
However, It’s a perfect location for visiting the city and lakes (we did both) and the transport links are very easy.
The hotel staff were delightful and the breakfast buffet was plentiful and fresh.
The pool was closed when we were there for refurbishment which we knew before we arrived and this will absolutely enhance any trip as the facilities looked great.
The rooms were stylish and luxurious and had everything we needed.
Would definitely book again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Kerry R,

thank you very much for your kind words and to have taken the time to publicly share your opinion.

We are glad you appreciated both our location and services.

We all look forward to being given the opportunity to welcome you back to Milan.

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

I stayed for two night from 1 Oct-3 Oct on a business no problems as it should be. Staff seemed friendly not that I had to call them or ask anything. Breakfast was ok but the scrambled egg was really runny and didn’t look too appealing.

I went away for one night to Vicenza and came back on 4th Oct. After checking in while I was trying to do some work all the lights in the room started to go on and off repeatedly at about 10-30 mins interval. I called reception and they promptly sent me a maintenance person within 5 mins to have a look. While this person is in my room obviously the light didn’t go off and with limited English he explained that the key cards might not have been inserted properly (it was). Anyways soon after this person leaves the light started to go on and off again so I called the reception again this time I wait for 30 mins no one comes and I had to meet a colleague for dinner so I told reception that I am going out. The person at the desk says they will replace my faulty key card when I return.

I come back around 11:30pm the receptionist gave me two key cards and tells me that I shouldn’t have problem but if I do they will put room’s light setting to manual so it stays on permanently regardless of key card present. I went to my room and while I was trying to catch up on email and this poltergeist thing starts again this time the difference was there were no natural light outside. I called reception again and this time a completely different person answers and after explaining and asking about this “magic” manual setting she said she will do that.

Finally thinking it’s all sorted I was in the shower when the light goes out completely (trust me not fun experience) potentially very dangerous. I call again and now she tells me that all the room were fully booked so she could not change my room and only thing she could do was help me find another hotel in the middle of the night past mid night. I politely declined the ridiculous offer and decide to go to bed without finishing my work and hoped that with natural morning sunlight I could finally finish my work.

Next morning came I didn’t sleep well due to this constant humming noise coming from possibly some kind of machinery near by, I wake up to find my phone and my laptop I left charging wasn’t charged at all. Now up until this point this point all the power outlet was working.

As I was checking out I complained to the receptionist that I was not happy at all about the service and the stay but she seemed more concerned about what I had from mini bar and ensuring I pay every single cents for the water I drank from the mini bar. After I paid for the room and mini bar tab and while I was talking to her to complain she continue to answer the phone in mid conversation and afterward just said I will pass the message the general manager later. As I was traveling with colleagues who were waiting for me so I left also I hate making a scene.

I didn’t feel valued as customer at all. No offer of gestures of goodwill or sincere apology for completely unacceptable stay in the hotel.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Kieran C
Yveline C, Responsabile reception at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Dear Kieran C.,

we would like to thank you for staying at the Grand Visconti Palace and for the attention received by your feedback regarding our services. Your opinion is very important to us.

We apologize for what happened during your stay. Please be assured that this situation is by no means standard to our house and that we have taken actions to prevent this from happening again in the future.

Please do not never hesitate to get in contact with us for any assistance you may need or any inquiry you may have.

Best regards.

Yveline Corthier
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed October 5, 2018

This is a beautiful hotel with lovely facilities. We used the swimming pool each day mainly on our own. The staff could not have been more helpful. My only complaint was the restaurant opened at 7.30 and was very select in menu and pricey. We had snack meals in the bar which were delicious.and were served nibbles which were to a high standard.

Stayed: September 2018

Dear 402lilian,

we thank you for visiting the Grand Visconti Palace Hotel as well as for taking the time to give us your feedback: your opinion is important to us!

We have already passed your advice about the restaurant to our Food & Beverage Manager in order to improve our service if possible.

We hope to welcome you again as our welcome Guest.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 3, 2018

The hotel is very clean, the staff are friendly and continental breakfast was delicious. 2 min walk from Lodi Tibb Metro (2-day pass 8Euros). Good-sized rooms. Supermarket 5 mins away. Would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear amandamatthews2016,

thank you for your kind review and the nice words about location and staff attitude.

We are looking forward to hosting you soon in Milan.