“Favorite hotel in Milano and the world.”

Bulgari Hotel Milano
Ranked #19 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 12 September 2017

I am a very happy regular client of the Bulgari Hotel in Milano. Everything in that hotel is so personal, they really make you feel like home, from the notes in the room, to the receptionists even the valet at the parking is extremely welcoming. The design is so zen, the garden is amazing, the rooms super comfortable and the spa pool is stunning.

The exceptional service is consistent and they just always deliver a wow experience. I love this place and would recommend it any day.

Room Tip: garden view rooms are the best here
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We have celebrated a small anniversary and decided to go here. In perfect location, this hotel leave no detail unattended. Perfect service, very comfortable rooms. And the hotel was kind to arrange small surprises due to our anniversary. Expensive? Of course- what do you expect from Milan's finest. Worth its price? Yes, we will be back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017

This was my third stay at the Bulgari and I continue to be impressed by this property. Everything about the hotel from the furniture to bathroom amenities screams understated luxury. The room doors are as thick as a bank safe and provide excellent soundproofing.

The beds are super comfortable and the bed linens are unbelievably soft. The bed / bedding combo provides for an excellent night's sleep. The rain shower is perhaps my favorite feature of the room. The water pressure is excellent and the shower is separated from the rest of the bathroom so it doesn't flood. The room has a Bose sound dock, which you can connect your iPhone to via Bluetooth.

The hotel provides a welcome snack of some pastries, which were quite tasty. Each room has a Nespresso machine, which I took advantage of. I decided to have a light lunch at the restaurant upon check-in. I had the meat plate and a Bali mule, which was excellent. I returned for aperitivo later in the evening. Unfortunately it was raining so I wasn't able to enjoy the outdoor garden, but the host was able to seat me inside. I had a perfectly made vodka martini and enjoyed the almonds and olives.

I had a late afternoon flight to London so requested a late checkout, which the hotel was able to honor. Overall an excellent stay.

Room Tip: Request a room with a garden view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent- Fabulous Hotel in the center of Milan. Staff very friendly, excellent quality and service. This is the 10th time in this Hotel. There is also a nice garden, where they serve dinner in summer. Definitely my favorite Hotel in Milan.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2017

This is a modern and friendly place, with beautiful interior design, a great spa/pool, a wonderful courtyard garden and attentive staff. Unavoidably this type of hotel attracts quite a few show-offs so be prepared for a parade of fashion labels, big cars and high heels.

Our room was spacious and stylishly designed with lots of attention to detail. From great amenities such as a natural bad sponge to personal B&W headphones, luxurious wood panelling and perfect soundproofing Bulgari has everything you can hope for in a hotel room!

If discreet an modest are your thing this hotel is not for you. If a splash of luxury amidst fashionistas is what you want, this is a great place in the perfect spot. One minor quibble: the garden attracts mosquitos but there are no convenient electrical sockets to plug in the mosquito repellent device (the interior design is too fancy for normal wall plugs to be visible anyware. Form over function etc)

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2017

My husband and I spent two nights here in July. I wish we'd had more time to spend, because we absolutely loved this hotel.

I had booked a standard room, but upon check-in was informed that we had been upgraded. I truly appreciated this gesture. At some hotels, the upgrade "policy" seems like a system you have to game, or that you need to be a regular/repeat customer. Neither of us had stayed in a Bulgari hotel before, so it's not as if they "had" to do this for us. The service throughout the hotel, for the duration of our stay, was so kind and thoughtful, but not overbearing. After checking in, we never had to remind them of our name or room number when coming/going or making requests. That made our stay feel so much more personal.

The decor is very modern and luxurious, but understated; lots of dark wood and plush textures. The building is somewhat unremarkable from the outside, but once you're in the lobby you can really appreciate the extremely high ceiling and all of the huge windows that flood the space with light. The lobby has a big lounge area with comfortable couches and chairs, lots of magazines, and a bar with an assortment of gummy candies! In the room, the bed and bath linens were lovely, bed was super comfortable. Again, the service that accompanied the room was fantastic. Each day, we had a little treat waiting for us in the room; one day, it was a jar of babas au rhum, the next it was Neapolitan sfogliatelle. Each night at turndown, housekeeping left a thermos of herbal tea at bedside. These little touches make a huge difference to me.

We had aperetivi both nights in the garden; my only nit is that although we reserved a spot for both nights, we had to wait at the entry for a decent amount of time (5-10 minutes) before being seated. It was a bit like being in purgatory because there's no dedicated waiting area, so we felt that we were in the way of people coming and going, and it was awkward to have to stand there. That said, the aperetivo spread was awesome.

I will absolutely return here, and soon! It's expensive, but if you can swing it, it's an awesome way to experience Milan. The location can't be beat, and the amenities and service are top-notch. Although we didn't bring our daughter, I noticed several families staying here, so would consider bringing her next time (although Milan itself is not as kid-friendly as some other cities, in my experience).

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2017

What sets this hotel apart is the dedication of the staff to exemplary service. From the moment you arrive, everyone that surrounds you makes you feel like you're the most important guest ever to check in. The hotel is located at the end of a private street and has the only private garden in the city. The rooms are stunning, with comfortable beds and all the modern amenities in the bathroom. Short walking distance to the Duomo. Great bar and restaurant in the garden.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family