“As friendly as eating with family”
Review of Osteria Fara

Osteria Fara
Ranked #373 of 9,325 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro Direzionale
Reviewed February 26, 2016

A staff member at Hotel Berne recommended this hotel when I asked for a casual dining spot. I was not disappointed. Upon being seated I was offered a complimentary glass of good Prosecco. The food was very good as was the wine by the glass. But what made the experience truly excellent was the friendly, attentive service.

1  Thank GOGOGONE

Reviewed February 22, 2016

My wife and I arrived in Milan 2/21/16.Traveled by train from Venice.
Our first time in Milan.Took a walk from our hotel, near Milan Central Station.
Looked for a reasonable place for dinner. After checking several establishments menus we decided to
Try Osteria Fara. Giorgio met us at the door. Made us feel very welcome. Complementry small glasses of wine, bruschetta, hot bread. My wife had the mixed greens and I started with the boiled asparagus with parmesan cheese. My wife had the Spaghetti with basal and tomato. I had the linguine with bolognese sauce.
All excellent.Complmentry limoncello rounded out the evening. Would highly recommended.
Have always had good food in Italy but Giorgio made our evening exceptional.

Reviewed February 21, 2016 via mobile

Every dish we ordered was great! (Even the dish we got as a 'gift')
It was amazing that we had such a fabulous dinner at that price! Even the service was wonderful. Me and my friend were so happy and full with just 40euros. I would say this restaurant was one of the best during our stay in Italy.

Reviewed February 9, 2016

It's not often you find a restaurant where you feel they just enjoy sharing great food.
I was here on business, and was lucky to find Osteria Fara - I came a 2nd night too. It was busy both Monday and Tuesday nights.
Great atmosphere, lovely service - thanks to Georgio and Kala(?). Complimentary prosecco and canapé, in addition to focaccia with olive oil and balsamic vinegar; a glass of Chianti; great pasta, followed by steak and grilled vegetable; complimentary limoncello; and coffee... great food, lovingly shared. All for 44euros.
I recommend it, and will be back at the first opportunity.

Reviewed February 8, 2016

I liked the food. It is prepared at the place in front of you in the oven. We had a pasta with seafood. In the menu it was listed that the meal is at least for two persons. Have to say that the meal was very big and we couldn't finish it by two. also nice - you get some vine in the beginning, and at the end Limonchello with cakes - that's for free. I would go there again.

1  Thank angelicak2014