“Great location, nice owner, clean and simple”
Review of Del Sole

Del Sole
Ranked #263 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 17 July 2009

The location was good. Please try the pizza/lasagna place downstairs. Ask Angelo, the owner, where it is. Angelo was a great host and never lost his smile.
We will def. come back next time we are in Milan.
I read some bad reviews, but I would disagree. It is good on price/quality. Clean and with nice working ac.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 August 2008

I stood at Del Sole in the end of june, just for one night, but they are under reform, but the staff was very nice and offered me another room, however it was noise because it was in front of the street, but is near of the metro and central station, just a few blocks. Well, for the price it was good. I recommend for backpackers and at most young couples.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank kitinhapv
Reviewed 25 April 2008

Yes that's right, this hotel is very well located (very near the central train station, close to the metro too) and the people are very nice and friendly.
Our room was basic and simple; nothing fancy, the furniture was old, but the bed was comfy and the room was clean.

However my husband and I both thought that the price was steep! We paid 85 Euros a night and we believe that the price for such rooms should be around 40 Euros.

Otherwise we had a great weekend. If we ever go to Milan again I'm not sure we'll go back to this hotel because of the price though.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 10 November 2007

Spent one night in a double room (with shared bathroom) in October. The bed was not clean and I could not get a comfortable sleep at night because of the bug bites. The hotel offered virtually nothing extra except a room with a bed and a TV-set (not even a coffee mug inside the room). I would rather treat it as an over-priced hostel instead of a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2007

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights while in milan. My friend and I are both females and we were worried about travelling alone but this hotel was great. Its nothing special. Small TV, decent bed, some rooms with balcony, some rooms have private bath (we did) and it had a bathtub/shower, hair dryer.. their towels are too thin and useless though so bring your own. The room had clean sheets and was cleaned very nicely every morning. The place is family owned and there was this older man there once and his son the rest of the time. the son is very nice and helpful and he tells u all the nice places to go. Older man is nice too. Overall this hotel was cute and enough to satisfy is. Location was good too. right next to the metra and 3 stops from the duomo,

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 3 May 2006

Having read other reviews of this hotel I think that the truth is somewhere in between. The rooms are clean and an alright place to lay your head, however it is not a luxurious hotel. I would admit that there was a damp smell in the rooms but it did not particularly bother me. The staff were friendly and helpful. We were staying there just for a night and needed to be near the train station. The hotel is cheap, the bed was comfortable and it was ok for the night. The only thing that was inconvenient is that they do not provide shower towels in the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank DKil
A TripAdvisor Member
Bellingham, Wa.
Reviewed 15 February 2006

The first thing we noticed was the bad smell throughout the Hotel, but we decided to ignore this and head up to the room. My room smelled terrible, but wasn't visibly dirty. They did however give us actual table napkins as towels, nice!

Our friend in the next room actually slept in her sleeping bag on top of the sheets because the sheets were just too dirty. Her shower was so filthy that she came across the hall to use our shower. She also had the pleasure of a bidet in her room, bad thing is it was 1 foot from the bed. Also there were empty beer cans still in the trash can.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, no matter what your budget.

• Stayed: February 2006