“Very good hotel for italian standard”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan
Ranked #41 of 428 Hotels in Milan
GreenLeadersGold level
Helsinki, Finland
“Very good hotel for italian standard”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I have experience of hotels in Italy are not so high standard as elsewhere. I might be wrong or then I have had bad luck with hotels in Italy. Radisson Blu is good quality but the location is not the best. If you are attending a conress in MiCo, as I did, then the location is quite good. Public transportation is not an option but you can either walk 2,5 km or then take a taxi.

Rooms are quite spacious, clean and very simpy decorated. Bed is comfy and so are the pillows. Air conditioning was not working (they are limiting it's use because of pollution in Milan). But I was sleeping the balcony door open. Area is so peaceful that you can't hear any noice from the streets.

Breakfast is superb. And staff was very helpful. The only negative thing is that there's long way to city center. But it's ok if you know it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
RadissonBLUMilano, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for you review.

Thank you for completing a review on your recent visit to our hotel.I appreciate the fact you spent good time with us, and you have enjoyed the service level. In Radisson BLU hotels we love mantain our promise in delivering the 100% Guest Satisaction and I am glad we did with you.

Looking forward to welocme you back

General Maanger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2012

This was a perfect hotel for any stay in Milan. long or short. The decor and presentation of the hotel is modern, contemporary and to a high standard. Rooms are large, tasteful, well equipped and a pleasure to stay in. The bed was made to perfection when we walked in! The lobby area and bar were fantastic, it felt like luxury. Super cocktail making bar the barman, and was happy to advise. Front of House staff very hospitable and helpful (happy to make taxi bookings and had a very efficient system working where your given a taxi number). Breakfast was super .... a wide variety of choice and efficient staff who are attentive (asked if we would like coffee/tea on arrival ... even at their busiest time). Pool area was nice, a little smaller than what I expected and the view not what you would expect but overall nice for a dip! I would think that the pool is too small for a hotel this big though and think this could get busy in the high season. Only small glitch was the male/female separate sauna/steam room area rather than unisex and also no beauticians on site for treatments. Room service was quick and of a good quality, food was brilliant and delivered by a very friendly waiter. All info in the room regarding the hotel was clear, concise and helpful. This hotel felt easy.Location for us was great, 10 minute taxi ride into the city if you don't mind spending about €12-15 euros. Radisson was a treat, far superior to any of the hotels I saw when choosing to book!

1 Thank NJBond
RadissonBLUMilano, Direttore at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear NJ Bound,

Thank you very much for you review.

The fact you found this hotel "perfect" make me proud and happy.

I will share this fantastic feedback with my whole staff and will use as best practice when it comes to postive comments.

If you may return to Milano kindly let me know it will be a pleasure to meet you.

Kind Regards

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My stay was brilliant. Great , clean rooms, brilliant helpful staff and delicious food. Yes yes yes yes to this hotel

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
RadissonBLUMilano, Direttore generale at Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan, responded to this review, 20 March 2012

Thank you very much for your review.

I am extremly happy to read you kind word "what a great hotel" this make me very happy and prize all the effort we put in our job, we at Radisson BLU hotel have this mission to let feel our gests at home, and I am happy to read that we have successful made it with you.

Please if you come back to Milano and to us, let me know will be a pleausre to meet you.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Beautiful hotel, lovely clean rooms and friendly attentive staff. Only drawback was the distance from the city centre (but not too much of a problem if, like us, it was only for a stopover).

The pool, sauna and steam room were a great start to the morning along with the wonderful breakfast buffet included with the room.

Totally worth the distance especially if you can find a good deal on a hotel comparison website.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

"What a fantastic hotel" are music word to me, I am very happy you have enjoyed your stay with us, and I do hope to welcome you back, please if you return to milano kindly let me know, will be a pleaasure to meet you.

With kind regards
Fremantle, Australia
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The rooms in this hotel are huge and beautifully presented. All is very clean, and the buffet breakfast was the best meal we had each day. Staff were extremely pleasant and helpful - except when we checked in, there was no offer to take our suitcases up to our room.
The only real problem is that is a long way (by tram) out of town -it took approx 30 mins on the old, cold, rickety tram to get to Lanza train stop, where we changed to the train for a few stops, to get into central station....the tram doesnt run into the station. Just means you add almost an hour on each end of your day if you are travelling etc. Taxi cost about Euro 15 and much quicker. The actual distance is only about 6 kms but the public transport takes time.
ALso, our room door would not lock,and even though we asked them to fix and they said they did, it was still not locking when we left so we could walk straight in when we returned. Still would recommend this hotel .... lovely rooms.

Dear Mumwife,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am happy to read your review and happy to see you found this hotel lovey and with outstanding breakfast.
Yes we are not exactly in the city centre, but near by we have the stop Villapizzone, and with this train you are in 5 minutes in Porta Venezia, wich is right in the city centre.

I do hope that we could welcoem you back on your next trip to Milano

Rarotonga, Cook Islands
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed 4 nights here this week 500 metres to train which is just 2 stops to RHO Ferio and you can walk under cover to the show
Room was really nice and comfortable
Food good
Staff in restaurnat and reception excellent
I caught Malpensa express to Cadorna from Airport EU 11 then taxi to hotel was EU 12 much better than EU 90 from Airport

Return to airport I went to closer station and caught Malpensa train - again quite easy

Pre pruchased and rate was very good

Room Tip: Asked me if I wanted to upgrade on check in - said no but then got an upgrade as had obviously run...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

i am happy to read you found our hotel very convinient for you that have attended some vents at the Milano Fair ground, also I am very happy to read you have enjoyed our services and our staff.

I do hope to welcome you back soon at our hotel

With kind Regards

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We were really in a doubt which hotel to choose in Milan. The central ones are very expensive. And the less central ones not always very comfortable (swimming pool, room service, etc). This one is - as we believe - the best one in terms of price/value ratio. Great pool, recently refurbished rooms, nice staff. And...a very interesting roomrate

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank tahtya k

Thank you very much for your review.

I am happy you have found the Radisson Standards, one of our aim at Radisson BLU is to let guest have the same experience in any Radisson BLU, I am happy we have made this happen and also very happy to read "Great staff" this make me proud of my team and surely I will share your review with them.

We do hope to welocme you back soon at the Radisson BLU Milan