All reviews missori metro station rooftop bar modern hotel excellent hotel nespresso machine central location breakfast was excellent great room main sights triple room good size would definitely stay here again five minute walk rooms are spacious stayed nights shopping area visiting milan
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

For my recent trip to Milan, I decided to stay at The Square Milano Duomo Hotel. Just a few minutes away from all the Main attractions and in the heart of Milan. Perfect for your City / shopping trip.

The receptionist, bellboy and staff have been very friendly and helped with all the questions I had.

The room was very spacious, clean, bright, quiet and modern. The Hotel I found to be very Clean.

Great Breakfast selection, something for everyone.

I planed also on having dinner in the Hotel, but this turned a bit into a disappointment. In my room their was a Menu from , la Terazza‘. When I arrived on the 10th floor, I was only presented with a Cocktail Menu, after Inquiring for the Dinner Menu, I was sent down to the first Floor, to Arya Restaurant. I’m a Hospitality Professional and I have eaten in some of the best Restaurants in the World, I do appreciate a small Menu, this tells me that the Food is fresh. My problem, I found only one Appetizer that I could eat. Lots of Meat, Fish and Pasta. I‘m aware that these are Italian dishes, however, and this is a problem I find in many Italian Restaurants, i‘m missing the Vegetarian/ Vegan dishes. After pointing out that I don’t eat meat, I was told to perhaps select the Carpaccio! ???
Also, I‘m not eating a breaded Egg in a Restaurant. So after my Scallops I left and went to find another Restaurant. The Scallops where however, cooked perfectly and with great taste and flavor.
The deco on the table, was a not so shiny silver Apple. It looked as every Customer had touched it with their greasy fingers. If you place them on your tables, they need to be spotless.

I definitely would stay at this Hotel again but find a different Restaurant right from the beginning.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Marcel N
CavalieriCollection, Guest Relations Manager at The Square Milano Duomo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mr Marcel

First of all, we wish to thank you for the preference shown to The Square Milano Duomo Hotel and for sharing with us your feedback.

We are very sorry to read that our hotel did not meet your expectations in full. Please accept our sincere apologies.

We want to reassure you that we work every day to improve our menu offers and we try always to meet our guests eating needs and preferences and the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously.
They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated

We hope you would reconsider your opinion and give us one more chance to welcome you at our Arya Restaurant.

Best Regards

Francesca Gigante
Room Division Manager

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

Very impressed with this hotel. Right in the heart of the city. Room was very large, updated, nice bathroom & shower. Wish we were staying more than one night. The only bummer was that my husband had to drive to the parking lot and he got lost. Wish they would have offered to take and park the car. A little inconvenient since it’s a couple blocks away, especially for a visitor to this country. Don’t miss the rooftop bar and restaurant- worth the views!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kimmysue42
Reviewed October 5, 2018

This hotel is lovely. It is either new (in an old building) or redone. The staff is helpful and caring. After flying all night and arriving at 9AM, they got us a room quickly after being full that night and they gave me a free latte, probably to keep me awake until we got our room! The location is primo. You can walk to so many things. Shopping, restaurants, La Scala and all the things for which Milan is known.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susan P
Reviewed October 4, 2018

The hotel was excellent. The bedroom was a good size, comfortable and clean as was the bathroom. The breakfast buffet was also excellent with a good choice of food. The reception staff were very pleasant and most helpful.

The hotel was in a good location for exploring the old city on foot and there was a good choice of restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank shelaghr2017
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Really nice hotel with specious, clean rooms in an excellent location. Room had a great outdoor terrace. Front desk very helpful with directions and calling for taxis. Breakfast is aboundent and offers a wide variety of choices. Would recommend highly to friends and would absolutely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with outdoor space.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends