“Very nice experience ”

Osteria del Diavolo
Reserve with
Osteria del Diavolo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 361 Restaurants in Asti
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

Just went here for first time for dinner but I’m really pleased with the overall experience. The food was really good and the staff quite friendly, thanks for all, cheers.

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

We ate here and it was great. Tucked away in a plaza slightly off the main shopping areas, it offered cheap and good wine, and really good food. Service was excellent.

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant by our hotel proprietor - unfortunately we were very disappointed!! The food was good and wine locally sourced and excellent. Sadly the service was terrible. I wanted to allow for the fact that the two girls serving seemed very busy and had no English (apologies for our lack of Italian) but we were disabused of both these thoughts. The girls seemed intent on distributing food from the kitchen but without connecting with us or ensuring we had all we wanted e.g. a bottle of wine to accompany our main course! Functional service that forgot the customer...

Reviewed August 31, 2018

The food here is really lovely. It's local Piedmont cuisine, but put together quite creatively, so it definitely feels a bit more high-end than your average osteria. The octopus is particularly tasty! The restaurant itself is really cosy, the service good, and the location fantastic. I would recommend having a drink next door at the old church after.

Reviewed June 12, 2018

This was example of how great service and astounding food can turn around a not so good first impression. After walking over from my hotel, I went into a veritable blast furnace of heat. (Disclaimer- Basically every restaurant that I ate at in Italy over 18 days was about five degrees F warmer, or more, than we're used to in the U.S.) I fanned myself incessantly with the menu and chugged water to cool off, and was able to get more comfortable. The waitperson, Sabrina, undaunted by my spoiled American sensibilities, provided smiling and excellent service. The food was phenomenal! The squash blossom tempura was served in a delicious sauce that I believe was tomato and red pepper based. And like another reviewer noted, my second course octopus was the most tender that I've ever had. Incredible. Finally, the beef/veal cheeks braised in a Barolo wine sauce were also as good as I've ever had. Perfectly seasoned, melt in your mouth. It turns out the waitperson is the daughter of the owner/chef. Great family run restaurant that I will never miss going to when I'm in the region. Thank you

1  Thank Edward S