“World class ”

Ristorante Villa Crespi
Price range: US$108 - US$182
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: "Our passion for hospitality and restaurants have led us to treat this fascinating work with the love, respect and respect it so greatly deserves. Our innovative Mediterranean cuisine is distinctive and we love to pamper our guests in the romantic rooms overlooking the lake where staff and surroundings reflect genuine harmony." Antonino works on his cuisine every day of his life, drawing inspiration from life itself. His dishes also reflect and epitomise his journey northwards from the Sorrento coast to his wife, Cinzia, a native of Orta which is now his home. These are the secrets of our two Michelin starred restaurant.
Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

Italian high gastronomy at its best. Mr Cannavaciulio has an interesting approach and use of ingredients. Pasta and meat were amazing, desserts from another world. The wine card absolute world class.

Date of visit: August 2016
Villacrespi, Direttore at Ristorante Villa Crespi, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2016

Dear Stefano E

Thank you very much indeed for this brief but review of Villa Crespi, we hope you will soon be back for a new gastronomic experience with us.

Cinzia Primatesta Cannavacciuolo

Write a ReviewReviews (2,753)

Reviewed August 2, 2016 via mobile

I'm writing this on my second day at this magical place. Having stayed at many hotels and their associated restaurants I can tell you that Crespi towers above the rest. The personal attention, the detail and the ambiance are second to none. Strange that this is just rated 4 star. My view is that they should invest to take this idyllic place to 5 star or beyond as in truth they are nearly there. Hardly able to fault anything. Well done and beyond fantastic! Thank you !! I spent the time enjoying the scenery and food however here are some pictures of our desert

Date of visit: August 2016

Dear Brianza12345

Few words can express the pleasure we feel in reading this amazing review. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. But we are even happier that you have enjoyed such a special time at Villa Crespi and really hope you will come back to spend a little more time with us on Lake Orta, one of Italy's most beautiful lake destinations.

Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

The food certainly lives up to the 2-Michelin stars! We went for the 8-course South to North tasting menu and every plate was immaculately done.
The meal started with a welcome entree from the chef. Well it wasn't 1 dish but a table full of interesting bites!
Raw scampi was a great start, followed by one of the best pastas I've tried (believe me I've tried a lot!). The linguine with baby squid & rye bread sauce was simply amazing! Then came red mullet - cooked just right, and moist! It came with aubergine & smoked cheese broth! You simply have to taste it!
We finished off with pigeon, foie gras with cocoa beans, Banyuls sauce. Don't ask me what that is - but despite all the food that came before (very good sized servings!), I couldn't leave any bits on the plate. It was good!
I was grinning at my already protruding belly when the pre dessert and dessert arrived! The sight of it all just makes you laugh out loud! They weren't just enticing , they tasted real good!
Mind you some of us had to skip the cheese trolley to have a break! Or they would only be marvelling at the delicious desserts.
Yes! This is one restaurant you'd want to book well in advance if you are anywhere near Lake Orta.

Date of visit: July 2016
Villacrespi, Direttore at Ristorante Villa Crespi, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2016

Dear Kah ON Y

Your wonderfully joyous review just brought a happy smile to my face! Thank you so much for sharing your awesomely spontaneous joy at the dining experience you enjoyed in Villa Crespi. Nothing to add, it is a great guide to all TripAdvisor Readers. Thank you once again and we hope you'll soon be back for another Villa Crespi experience!

Kind regards

Reviewed July 9, 2016

My wife and I were lucky enough to get a table for dinner here, we were not disappointed. The service was impeccable which was to be expected but the food was out of this world. Presentation was perfect, taste was sinsulating, and the whole exeperiance was stunning. We'd love to go back. In my opinion it was good value too. It's a must visit if you're lucky enough in my opinion.

Date of visit: July 2016
Villacrespi, Direttore at Ristorante Villa Crespi, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2016

Dear John P

Your review is a wonderful compliment to all the members of our Villa Crespi staff-family who dedicate themselves with total passion to our guests and their experience with us.

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write of your dining experience, we are happy it was a great memory to take home with you and hope to see you again one day.

Reviewed June 17, 2016 via mobile

First, LOVELY setting, but strange halogen/bright lights when there was an amazingly beautiful chandelier above us. Lots of very young wait staff and unexperienced help--items not delivered on time for large table to one sole person who had the veal like most. Fish was unexciting and bland. Many aspects of food were nicely done and delicious e.g., desserts all superb! We know to ask for coffee early in Italy and did and they did not. We were told the chef would make an appearance for our group, perhaps a misunderstanding, but he did not. The hotel stay was not eclipsed by this experience though as it's a lovely property.

Date of visit: June 2016