“lovely lunch spot”

Il Pozzo
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2015

very good restaurant sat outside nightmare parking certainly at a weekend good food well served good service good value

Reviewed 16 July 2015 via mobile

Although the seating gives decent views of Orta the seats and tables are cheap plastic and of low quality. We were served pretty quickly (no English translation menus, then again I should probably have learned more Italian). Waiter was quite rude.

I had the indecisioni (or something like that) pizza. It tasted good but within a few minutes of leaving the restaurant I became quite ill. Spent the next 36 hrs in the toilet.

Would never return and would suggest no one else go unless they haven't value on their health.

2  Thank Dave B
Reviewed 22 June 2015

We walked by the restaurant earlier and saw the sign on the gate said 6:30 p.m. So we came back at 6:35 and walked in a young man, maybe the manger, said we would have to come back at 7 p.m. We came back at 7:05 and he waved us toward the dining room. It was cool outside, so we took a seat inside, and he told us we could not sit inside, it was not open. The restaurant was empty except for one table sitting outside, about 15 lineal feet away. And any server would have to walk right past the table we chose, in order to get outside. So I dug my sweater out of my bag and we sat outside. He gave us menus, not in English. I asked if they had an English menu and he said no and walked away. As he was walking away, I asked if they had wifi, as I was thinking I could google the dishes on the menu. I was told no, and he never even turned around. At this point, I figured out he didn't want to serve us for some reason, but my husband was so hungry, so we sat there trying to figure it out. Then the guy came back and took the order of the other table and ignored us. After 20 minutes we left without a word, and walked down into the old village and had a nice meal there. Luckily, the Italians eat late! Worst service we had in three countries in almost three weeks of travel. We only had one other rude waiter in all that time but it was nothing compared to this. Judging from other bad reviews, this guy is angry and on a power trip of some kind. If he is not the owner, I feel bad for them. I know we did nothing wrong, we were quiet and polite and there was just the two of us.

3  Thank ipoipo2
Reviewed 13 May 2015

It's a great name and the pizza and focaccia were very good. You'll likely have to ask to place your order, but it's taken cheerfully. Looks like a place where locals sit and sip for hours. Pretty interesting and worth a visit

Reviewed 18 March 2015

... and here we tested 7 different. They all were very good. If you're a pizza lover, you have sth to chose from. I had calzone and love it. Sevice & rest average.