“Fast Food Italian Stylin”
Review of Il Pozzo

Il Pozzo
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2017

If you want good food ...cheap....and quick.....then look NO further!! Great pit-stop for an awesome lunch !!!!

1  Thank Paul R

Reviewed October 5, 2016 via mobile

We generally go to Il Pozzo when we are visiting as it does very good Pizzas at a fair price. Further into Orta itself of course the prices go up and I would say the Pizza becomes less authentic.

It is true that Il Pozzo caters very well for the locals and to be honest unlike most of the other restaurants / bars in Orta this is because it is open for most of the year. In the depths of Winter Il Pozzo is still generally rammed full in the evenings and they seem to provide lunch for the local school children in the day too.

Some of the staff can seem a little austere but I have noted this is when foreign tourists attempt zero Italian. I suggest giving Il Pozzo a go and you might actually love it. If you are a tourist just don't expect them to fawn all over you like other establishments would.

Reviewed September 26, 2016

I have earn here on numerous ocassions over a number of years but was extremely disappointed when I went this month. Unfortunately it's been about 18 months since my last visit and I was very surprised with the change. The wine per glass didn't even touch the bottom, when we complained they were very dismissive, the pizzas were very poor and our Italian friend ordered pasta which was awful. It has become a place to attract tourists and lacked the finesse it used to have. The food was poor and overpriced and I would not go back again

Reviewed September 21, 2016 via mobile

We were recommended here as the best place in town for pizza and although it was very good pizza, not the best in town. I had the Inferno, really good but beware very very spicy.

It's out of the main town by the car parks so good if you don't want the hilly walk to town, service good and very reasonable prices.

Reviewed May 12, 2016

The food is good, not great by any means, but good. The prices are very reasonable and it gets really hopping by about 21:00. I have no idea if anyone there speaks any other languages and the service is pretty relaxed, so it may not be the best for stressed tourists with kids or someone seeking something refined.

That being said, we had a great time and a good meal.