“A fabulous meal”

Ranked #710 of 4,080 Restaurants in Turin
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2015

My son and I dined at In Vino Veritas at the end of April. The menu emphasizes game and some local specialties, which we really enjoyed. True Italian comfort food. If there was a problem, it was deciding what to have from their fabulous menu. Not to mention the great wine.

I wish I were 40 years younger and going to university in Torino.

Thank you again Simone.

Reviewed March 29, 2015

I have been here two days ago and it was a Beautiful place. The food was very good and the service too. I invite you to go here,you will enjoy all of these place.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

For people of my age (close to 60s) it's a jump back to the University time, not only for the location (close the Humanistic Faculties), but for the customers'age. I think I was the oldest in ... Anyway, it's not a problem: the service is professional, the food very well done and presented, with a particular attention to the intrinsic quality of the ingredients, for the most part seasonal, and to the territory.
I tried a selection of appetizers, rice with asparagus, meat and dessert(s): everything far above the average.
But the most surprising thing is the canteen: Simone, the owner, puts all his experience of wine selectioner to find you the best wine-food pairing in a very impressive number of alternatives. He pays a particular attention to small producers, so you can discover real small gems at an affordable price, delivered at home upon request.
The location is cosy, a little bit crowdy. If you are a movie addict, selection of original movie posters on the walls. I suppose, places outside in summer. A little bit secluded in a pedestrian area in the bach of Santa Giulia church, but no problem of parking in the vicinity.
A complete dinner (wine included), 35,00 Euros. Reservation absolutely mandatory on week end. Opening time: evening till late night.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I went on vino veritas several times during my staying in Turin. The owner, Simone, is really funny and knows how to make people feeling at home. The food is excellent and not expensive at all. It is not novelle cuisine, but if you like real southern Italian food, you don't wanna miss this place. A suggestion, try to call a bit in advance to be sure to get sit. Enjoy your meal!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I tried some cinghiale (wild boar) here for the first time. Very large and tasty steak. Also the other food we ordered was quite ok. Service was very slow and not particularly efficient. The place was very warm, it looks like the air conditioning does not work. Overall an OK place in a good position, better suited for students than families.