All reviews business suite watch programmes train station great hotel san salvario dodgy location seedy area tv channels the main shopping area english language channels small pool recommend this hotel fresh towels lobby area is best pizza teatro regio room safe
Reviewed August 30, 2018

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in early August. The room we were given had not been made up, so we were immediately given an upgrade with which we were very pleased. The best thing about the hotel was the roof garden with a small pool/Jacuzzi, garden furniture etc - a lovely place to relax after touring Turin. The breakfasts were lovely and we were pleased there was an outdoor terrace. You could make your own huge waffles which was new to us and great fun. The service was really friendly and I want to especially mention Emanuele who gave us excellent advice on a number of occasions about what to eat at the nearby restaurants recommended by the hotel. He was also immensely kind in that when I left a dress hanging in the wardrobe on leaving, he immediately posted it off to my address. A great credit to the hotel.

Room tip: A tip about the area: be prepared that locals go on holiday in August, so many establishments are shut.
Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank GiaLondon_England
Gen M, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Best Western Plus Executive Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kindly review here on Tripadvisor.
We are glad to know that you appreciate our terrace within the jacuzzi where all our guests can relax themselves in the heart of Turin.
Our waffle machine is at free disposition of all our guest in order to make the breakfast more fun and more tasty: maybe spreading some Nutella or some jam or... some good honey!
Emanuele and all the staff want to thank you for your kindly words and we all hope to host you again as soon as possible.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

I choose this hotel as it came up in my search of hotels with pools and fit our needs and budget. Well, their "pool" was a hot tub so that was very disappointing. Thankfully, the accommodations made up for this and exceeded our expectations. The room was spacious and the bathroom was so lovely with it's big shower. The staff was very nice and the breakfast was fantastic - probably one of the best I've had in Europe.

The location is a bit sketchy. We decided to walk a few blocks for dinner and I was genuinely nervous passing some of the people hanging out near the train station and on the side streets. I guess with being close to the train station I should have expected it. Otherwise, it was a great hotel and convenient for getting around.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dana H
Gen M, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Best Western Plus Executive Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Dear Dana,

Thank you for your kindly review on Tripadvisor.
We are sorry if the jacuzzi wasn’t as big as you expected but we can assure that is well described on all the websites where our hotel is present.
Anyway, we are happy to read that you appreciate the accommodation and we are proud to know that our breakfast was the best that you had during your trip across the Europe. We really thank you for your fantastic words!
The hotel is situated in one of the most multicultural neighborhood of the city popular for its bars and restaurants, as you seen, even if we are near the train station.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future in order to let you change your mind.

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was a stopover enroute to the French Alps. The room was great with a kitchenette obviously geared to the business market . the aircon was odd next to the bed and was full of fluff! All in all I can't criticise the room. The rooftop jacuzzi was a bit shabby and freezing! The foot wash was just a showertray that was not plumb in to any drain?! The most disappointing thing was breakfast it was dreadful the "hot" item (rubbery eggs) and greasy bacon and cheap hot dogs were stone cold when I pointed it out he took the dishes away and I heard the microwave pinging as he reheated them and returned them! Christ knows how long they'd been there and then reheated :( likely the eggs were even more rubbery!! The rest of the choice wasn't great I've stayed in budget hotels with better breakfasts. I was going to tell her at check out but she didn't ask how our stay was just took the key and demanded the city tax.
I wouldn't stay there again the area around the hotel is really rough/downtown even saw a drugs deal on way to train station!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gen M, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Best Western Plus Executive Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Dear Maxime,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay in our hotel.
Cleanliness and order are very important for our staff and this is why we will take seriously your warning about the fluff in your room.
After one year of renovation and improvements, the terrace within the jacuzzi tub were reopen two months ago with brand new drains. However our maintenance will have a check of the area reported by you.
It’s with displeasure that we read about your breakfast experience. We are sorry if wasn’t up to the standards that you expected, but we can guarantee that we never used (and never will so) the microwave oven to cook or to reheat our buffet food. Actually we don’t have a microwave in the kitchen: Hotdog and eggs are daily cooked by our Piramyd staff. We have only one microwave on the buffet available for the guests.

We really hope to have a new chance to host you again in the future in order to show you that was just an unlucky stay.
Best Regards.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

Just as last year, I had gone to Turin for just 2 days in order to see an opera at Teatro Regio Torino and I wanted somewhere clean, quiet, out of the centre and near the park and river, and near a good supermarket since I have to prepare my own food. There was no hesitation in returning to Best Western Executive Suites because it had fulfilled all my wishes and given me a lovely stay in 2017.

I’d asked to book the same room as last year: a Business Suite on the top floor in the building at the front of the hotel. It was very clean and mostly quiet – though not as quiet as last year because a group of young men, staying at the hotel, had been drinking all day and, on Saturday night into 6 a.m. Sunday morning, chose to sit and drink and smoke and make a fair bit of noise on the terrace towards the front of the hotel, on the ground floor. I think guests should not be permitted to use this area beyond midnight – just as the rooftop terrace – as it is noisy for those guests at the front of the room. I could hear them from my top floor suite so I imagine it had been much worse for those guests on lower floors, with rooms directly over the terrace.
The bed was nice and firm and the pillows comfortable too.

The TV channels – there is a huge number! – are mostly Italian shopping channels. Last year there were also several American/English language channels. This year, that had changed. There were two news channels. The folder, in the room, clearly said that Business Suite guests could also get extra channels – this was not the case. When I enquired, the staff said they had recently, that the number of channels had been reduced. To my mind, the hotel should provide a better selection for those in Business Suites.

The staff were helpful, friendly and kind throughout my stay.
However, the worst part about the room was the WiFi in my room. If I could even get a connection (each time if took me or one of the staff members SEVERAL attempts to connect) was APPALLINGLY slow and unstable constantly. It was impossible to watch programmes on Netflix on my laptop with these problems which, when there is nothing but BBC News or an Italian shopping channel – and you’re too tired to read a book – was very, very annoying.

Last year, I’d gone running in the park. This year, due to a foot injury, I had to use the hotel fitness room. It’s very small but, at least, had the machine I needed. The bad part about the gym is that the air conditioning is completely ineffective. I tried to turn it down to the lowest temperature, and a member of staff also tried to help, but it made no difference. The room is in the basement so it became very hot and uncomfortable very quickly.

For my needs, the Best Western is still a good venue though I have asked to see if a different room, for my next visit, would provide a problem-free stay. In any case, as an absolute priority, the hotel needs to fix the Wifi and provide a much better selection of TV channels in the business suites.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Sheena M
Gen M, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Best Western Plus Executive Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Dear Sheena,

First of all we would like to apologize for the noise coming from the terrace. That is one of the most busy area of the entire hotel during the summer months but we will try to make sure that this inconvenience will not repeat again in the future. In cases like this one, we always recommend to call the reception as soon as possible.
We are improving our WiFi service adding an additional internet connection to allow all the guests to surf the web without any problem. We will also discuss Your proposal about the tv channel list in our next team meeting. We really appreciate the words that you wrote to the staff which always make us proud of our job. We are always at your disposal for any question or need you may have.
The temperature in the gym is fixed so it is now possible to work out without any problem.

Looking forward to host You again.
Best Regard,

Reviewed July 12, 2018

Our party of 17 including 9 children stayed here for 4 nights to attend a gymnastics competition in Turin. We found the communication from Emanuele and help with our bookings before our arrival very good and all our rooms were upgraded at no extra charge. The hotel is spotless and the communal areas are modern and bright. Our bedrooms were fantastic, clean, spacious and comfortable with coffee machine and a small kitchenette to make hot drinks. The air conditioning was good (and necessary) and I found the room very quiet at night. The reception staff were extremely pleasant, friendly and very helpful especially with arranging taxis for us several times a day. Breakfast was very nice and the children enjoyed making their own waffles. My only slight niggle was that at breakfast the water didn't ever seem hot enough to make a decent cup of tea! This is an excellent hotel, great value for money and we would definitely return.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank j0856
Gen M, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Best Western Plus Executive Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Dear Guest,

We are really happy to know that Your family appreciate our new waffles machine: enjoy our great breakfast service is the best way to start a new day.
It was very rewarding for our team to read how much you loved your stay at Best Western Plus Executive. Emanuele wants to thank you for your special mention in the review.

Looking forward to host You again in the future.