See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 19, 2015

I stayed here for work after being recommended by some locals. It is a nice 'cute'/old school hotel run by a very friendly staff who seem to be mostly family. It is in a good location, a 10 minute walk from the main train station. The rooms were ok but I was too big for most of the furniture! Would be a nice place for a couple's trip but maybe not ideal for a business trip. Also wifi was not free.

There was a bit of a language barrier with the staff as they didn't have strong English, but actually this was sort of fun and they had a great attitude.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2015

The montevecchio is near the train station. - a short walk from most of the historic parts of the city. It is very cute, very boutique hotel "ish" - it is actually budget priced, for northern Italy. They serve a MONSTER breakfast and the staff is super helpful. My room overlooked the most picturesque backs of apartments - right out of an old Sophia Loren movie: vintage , little porches with flowerpots, and cats, and laundry. The old doors open up and let that quaint view in - even though the room is totally modern. I still dream of those towells they have - the cotton Italian ones that smell starchy, like someone's grandma hand ironed them. The room has its own bath/shower/TV and was so comfortable , and warm. I felt like the total princess the 3 days i was there.

Room tip: i dont know the answer to the wi fi. But they did have a compouter guests could use in the lobby for a nominal fee, and the desk staff serve snacks and hot tea, etc. if you ask. NIce collection of magazines to look at , too, while warming up with a cuppa.
Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2015

Friendly staff and cosy rooms. The breakfast is not So good but you get what you have paid for.

The location is perfect and the whole hotel is very clean. For a budget option in Turin, hotel Montevecchio is a great choice.

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed December 23, 2014

They were very friendly to my 15-year-old daughter who was staying there on her own (I was elsewhere in the city) and apart from the coffee, which comes from a machine, the breakfast was good. The location is very convenient - trams stop nearby and the metro is a short walk away - and it is good value.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ProfZugzwang
Reviewed November 5, 2014 via mobile

Booking in advance they cancelled our booking and then we booked again of course in higher price !! Two nights a room for 3 persons 300 euro with no tax included with a breakfast that its not a breakfast and a room which is not a room. First they charged our credit card the whole amount of money and then a room with a cheap fun no balcony no view no lighting at all and a small bath with nothing inside even a small shampoo. And the top they called us from the reception at 1 in the night to tell us to close the bathroom light because the room beside us could sleep!!! Really i pay 150 euro a night and you told me what to do in my room? Where is the isolation where is the privacy? An english lesson to the reception would be very helpful!! Except the location nothing will stay in my memory except my money i lost with this money i could stay in Sheraton!!

Date of stay: November 2014