1,233 results
All reviews high ceilings large floor to ceiling windows food hall shopping mall fiat car renzo piano italian sub cool hotel city centre large mall test track on the roof race track automobile museum food market rooms are large metro stop same building
Reviewed October 5, 2018

Second happy visit, this time in Hilton ownership (previously NH Hotels). Fantastic conversion of part of the historic 1920's Fiat car factory by esteemed local architect Renzo Piano. Easy walk from the tourist friendly metro station at Lingotto. The metro must be the envy of any major city and means you get to the city centre sights in no time. Plenty of eating opportunities at excellent Eataly food emporium opposite, lots of local places and the adjacent shopping centre for cheap eats. Only criticism was the high cost of breakfast, so we had croissant and strong coffee with the locals nearby. A visit to the Angnelli art collection and roof top test track (memories of the Italian Job movie) is free with a voucher from reception. Easy walk to the impressive automobile museum. Staff were top class and nothing was too much trouble. Just would have liked to have had breakfast included in our room rate, that's all!.

Room tip: The higher, the better in my opinion.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tastingman
Reviewed September 27, 2018

Amazingly cool designer room with truly unique features. Very techy interesting public spaces. Pleasant kind efficient service at front desk. Location is 12 to 15 Euro's cab ride to the city's center. We really liked it ------until the AC went off on a hot night sometime after midnight. I was already sick and jet lagged and we could not sleep as a result. The next morning when we left the hotel to tour the city, I asked them to bring up a fan, but they told us they did not have any. At that time, I asked the front desk clerk to have AC checked. The same thing happened the next night and my significant other called downstairs to complain and ask for a tech to come up and astoundingly the clerk told her "Ah, well--- ah-, they turn the compressor off at night, so there is nothing we can do". Sometime early morning perhaps 6 am it magically clicked back on. Another truly miserable night in the hot room. Next morning when we went downstairs the morning desk clerk when I complained confirmed to me personally that " Ah ---Yes, ah- they turn it off at night, nothing we can do." I should also add, he seemed frankly embarrassed about it. I fumed about it all afternoon dreading another sleepless night in a hot glass box, and when we returned to the hotel that afternoon I angrily confronted the front desk about this nonsense and told them I would make this crap public in a large way if it continued. I have seen this petty thievery at small cheap hotels in Asia and Central America--- but never in a 4 start nice hotel with a great brand flag like Hilton DoubleTree. That night ----magically the AC stayed on all night and for the next night till we checked out. Draw your own conclusion. I would not stay there again. And I am almost always positive in my reviews to large and small hotels worldwide. Everything else about the hotel we liked. Etaly a truly wonderful great high-class food court place to eat is right across the street. Large Grocery store and mall with movie venue attached to the hotel building. Hotel was spotlessly clean and quite. Staff was efficient and pleasant. The breakfast buffet was for Italy a little below average. Hilton catches them doing this---- they can and should lose their Franchise flag. I would be glad to give them a sworn affidavit on this incident---- anytime.

Room tip: Don't stay there during the summer
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Baronnovel
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

Great place slightly off the beaten path but good if you have a car. Supermarket next door is awesome as is Eataly across the road. About 10min walk to any subway station but still easy access. Rafaela was great service, she helped check in and swapping rooms when a TV didn’t work in one.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at DoubleTree Hotel for three nights and we could not be happier with our decision.

The hotel itself was built inside the building complex of Fiat’s former factory. Together with modern interior designing this hotel stands out from an “ordinary“ hotel in my opinion.
Even though the hotel is located outside the city, we did not miss out on anything. The city can still be reached within minutes by metro. Moreover Lingotto still offers nice places to eat, shop (shopping centre and supermarket right next door) and the National Automobile Museum, which is worth a visit for car lovers.

Our room was very clean, well maintained with all the amenities.
The mini bar even included both sparkling and still water free of charge and which was always restocked every day.

Breakfast was also good. They even offered a wide selection of what I believed to be traditional Italian pastries such as stuffed croissants, different pies and more...

The staff was very helpful and friendly. At this point it is worth mentioning that I unfortunately left some belongings in the safe. After a brief phone call with the hotel from home, I got my stuff back via courier within a few days for a small fee.

We will happily return to this hotel on our next trip to Torino. And if you don‘t need to stay in the city centre this hotel is definitely worth considering.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank eppic95
Reviewed September 6, 2018

This hotel is located somewhat out of the center of Turin in one of the old buildings of the Fiat factory. Parking is very convenient right in front of the hotel and was free of charge.

Check-in was very smooth, including the warm cookies. We had 2 rooms on the 4th floor, which were very spacious and clean. The bathroom was of a good size with rain shower and all necessary amenities. A bottle of water and cookies were provided in the room with compliments of the hotel. The beds are comfortable and come with a selection of pillows to adjust to your preference.

The hotel is refurbished earlier this year and they have done a great job. All facilities are spot on and the staff is knowledgeable and friendly.

Breakfast buffet was also very good. Plenty of choices in hot and cold dishes and fresh made coffee to everyone's liking.

Across the street is the food center called Eataly, and there is a large mall located in the same building as the hotel with plenty of food options.

Will definitely be back again in the future.

Date of stay: July 2018