Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
SmallestHobo
Croydon, United Kingdom

Stylish hotel close to shopping centre

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 5, 2024
Stylish hotel with great breakfast. Hotel is next door to a shopping centre so plenty of chain restaurants nearby (and original Eataly which is great opposite) however best restaurants are a short metro ride away. 3 day metro pass was 12.50 euro and trains frequent and station close to Hotel.
Date of stay: May 2024
    C$102
    C$127
6.7 km from DoubleTree By Hilton Turin Lingotto
View more hotels in Turin
All reviews shopping mall double tree high ceilings welcome cookie great hotel diamond member renzo piano gym equipment great stay city centre complimentary minibar italian sub fiat test track weekend stay subway station great design hotel staff
Selected filters
Reviewed April 25, 2024

Everything about this hotel is superb.
A warm and friendly welcome, friendly and helpful staff, good clean room, spacious and light with everything working.
The restaurant served a great evening meal and an extensive choice for breakfast.
To add icing to the cake they give tickets to residents for the historic Lingotto test track which Fiat built on the rooftop and is all part of the complex that the hotel has been built in.
Not needed by myself but the bedrooms are all fitted out to a high standard for anyone with special mobility needs.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank aswrtb7
Lingotto Hotels, General Manager at DoubleTree By Hilton Turin Lingotto, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2024

Dear ASWRTB7, on behalf of the entire Staff at the DoubleTree by Hilton Turin Lingotto we would like to thank you for choosing us and sharing your experience. Thank you for the excellent comment regarding our varied and tasty breakfast, and our friendly staff Our goal is to guarantee an extraordinary experience to our Guests and it’s a real pleasure to read that you appreciated our services! We look forward to welcome you soon, a presto!

Reviewed March 30, 2024 via mobile

Nice hotel in a good area of the city. Spacious room, comfy bed and good sound proofing.

Suggestions for improvement - hot breakfast could have more choice

Car parking at front or side of the hotel

Lots of restaurants within easy walking distance

Date of stay: March 2024

Dear Dannyboy83,
thank you for choosing our DoubleTree by Hilton Turin Lingotto and for taking the time to offer your feedback.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit, and we hope to see you again on a future visit to Torino!
Kind Regards"

Reviewed February 26, 2024

This was a lousy experience.

The room was 29 degrees - impossibly hot to sleep - and despite informing reception no resolution was possible because the air conditioning had been turned off by maintenance. Prior to that they told me to shut the window and they would reduce the set point of the room stat - without a/c this would of course never work well, if at all. There were only two other room available, both of which were on the same sunny side of the building and they were not twin rooms (I was staying with my son). I asked Matteo on reception to email me to confirm I had made a formal complaint but I never received one. In the end they told us all we could do was open a window, which we had to and it was very noisy indeed and there were bright lights outside. At one point something went past outside that was so loud and 'powerful' it set off car alarms for the next 1-2 minutes.

Furthermore, the room telephone didn’t work which meant I had to go down to reception myself twice and the light in the shower didn’t work.

I could talk about the positives of the hotel but I won't, because it doesn't matter what the 'cream on top' is like if the basic night's sleep is unattainable. For the record, I am a Diamond member of Hilton and have NEVER complained about one of their hotels before, but this was totally unacceptable.

Food and drinks were good and the selection of gluten free food available was excellent - such a shame the basic product was so flawed.

To cap it all, Hilton surveyed me and asked if I wanted someone to follow up. I said yes, but it's no surprise I've had no contact at all.

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Roving66245712998
Lingotto Hotels, General Manager at DoubleTree By Hilton Turin Lingotto, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2024

Dear Mr. Parsons, I would like to express my thanks for taking the time to bring your concerns to my attention, writing about your experience at the Double Tree by Hilton Turin Lingotto on Tripadvisor.
I am deeply sorry to learn about the issues you experienced during your stay and I want to underline that the record you reported doesn't reflect our quality standards. I also regret that you did not accept any room move, giving you the possibility to feel comfortable and to let the maintenance department check the technical problem of the room you had more carefully (that's why it was suggested in a very ordinary and trivial way to open the window); regarding the type of room, twin instead of king bed, we could do a change on the assignement of the rooms still remaining to arrive.
Since you are Hilton Honors Diamond Member, we will contact you privately on your e-mail account, in order to offer you extra Hilton Honors points, as compensation for the issues you experienced.
I do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Double Tree by Hilton Turin Lingotto in the future.
Kind regards.
Lucio Bertoncello Brotto - General Manager

Reviewed January 8, 2024

The hotel is very interesting, housed in the original 1915 FIAT factory in the Lingotto district, the rooms were very large and modern (huge ceilings). Breakfast was great as well. Hotel is a little outside the center of city, but there are many attractions and restaurants nearby (the original EATALY is across the street).

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear rrobstet, thank you for the fantastic review, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others! We are glad you enjoyed your visit with us here at DoubleTree by Hilton Turin Lingotto! We strive to deliver exceptional service every time, so knowing you were delighted by our efforts makes our day. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Torino!

Reviewed December 27, 2023

It was a musty smell in the room. We didn't know what it was at first and then later found there was black mold in the air conditioner. As we always came back to hotel very late and were too tired but considered black mold wasn't good to health so we changed our room after 2 days. Another problem was the check-in was not based on "first come first serve". We were refused to be served and were told the checkout person after us always have the priority. Even we only took the front desk 1 min for just collecting the room key at check in time 3pm. We queued first but served the last because the front desk said checkout always be the first to entertain. It was an unfair check in system. I gave comments to the email asking for feedback after the stay but no one respond. We totally spent 4 nights here because we had a full schedule and didn't have time to change hotel.

Date of stay: December 2023