Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Carol M
Seattle, Washington

No Real Complaints

Review of Hotel Nizza
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Oct 24, 2015
We chose this family run hotel for it's proximity to the train station - couldn't get any closer - right across the street (which could be noisy at night). A real plus, is that we could check in at 10am, after our trans-Atlantic crossing and train to Turin. Room was clean and relatively spacious if Spartan. (no shelves or hooks in bathroom). Wifi could be spotty, and breakfast was ok with great cappuccino. There was only one elevator, and I think one time we waited 10 minutes for it! Allow plenty of time for elevator if you are on your way to train or airport in the morning!
Otherwise, the location is good for walking to main areas of Turin, and very convenient to train station
Date of stay: October 2015
    C$92
    C$128
1.6 km from Hotel Nizza
View more hotels in Turin
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 24, 2015

Stayed there for a couple of days in June. If you compare it with other 3 star hotels on the same price level around, this one is rather lower level.
People are quite friendly and rooms are okay. Breakfast though is not really good. Ham and cheese from plastic packs etc.
However, it's not so bad that you would really complain about much. Room was clean but if I can get another hotel in the area, I will go for another one.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank TheM528
Reviewed May 26, 2015 via mobile

Ask for Paolo, tell him Daniel sent you.
After a long ride from Paris on the bus, was able to check in at 4:30 am. Great breakfast, great hotel close to the train station. Genial owner, speak many languages. Worth the stay and great downtown location.

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2014 via mobile

This 3 star hotel does not compare to 3 star hotels in the US (e.g., Hampton Inn, Residence Inn). The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was clean and decent except for the noise from outside and from the hallway which was very loud. If you are a light sleeper, then you had better bring ear plugs. The housekeeping staff are especially noisy in the morning. The location of this hotel is superb. The shower was very hot and only had minor temperature fluctuations. The temperature in the room was OK most of the time except it was a little hot one evening and you didn't want to open the windows because it was very noisy outside.The price (74 Euros per night) was OK. The breakfast was decent with a good cappuccino. The WiFi worked well in my room, although I was near the staircase where the signal seemed strongest. I would say there was an average amount of bandwidth, however, I forgot to run a speed test before I left. The hotel did hold onto my bags for me until 8 pm which was great of them! Please be aware this review is based on what you would expect at a three star hotel. In a pinch I would stay here again but I would request a room not facing the train station.

Date of stay: November 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I phoned from Florence to book and the person on the line was very personable. I chose the hotel as it was near the Porta Nuova train station and places we wanted to visit. Upon our arrival Gisella was very helpful. She told us to bring our car around to their private parking spot - not always available but when it is, it is free of charge. She helped us get oriented and on our way. Breakfast was standard, but coffees were made to order. One day our kids slept late and Paolo gave us a tray to bring up breakfast for them. This is a family run business and it shows. The care and attention we received was just great. They even lent us umbrellas when it was raining so we could go out to dinner. I highly recommend this lovely hotel!

Room tip: We had a room with a balcony on the main road but it was not noisy at all, considering the train station was just across the road.
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I picked this hotel for a 4 night stay in Turin in October promarily due to it's location. It is right next to the Puerto Neuva Station, so I decided it would be easy to find and on the maps it was close to the bus/tram and Metro.
The hotel is directly opposite the station. It may not look much from the outside, but the area is very safe daya and night. The reception staff were very helpful and knowledgable about how to get to different locations around the city and it's surrounding areas, and where to buy tickets for the Airport bus, Trams etc etc.
The rooms look out onto the surrounding streets or the courtyard. Mine was on the 2ns floor and looed onto the courtyard. A small balcony meant you could open the room doors to let in a cool breeze. The 2 patio doors also have blackout panels which you can open or close on each door.
Breakfast was continental style, with plenty of Croissants, Pastries, rolls, eggs, cheese, lots of fresh juice, plus cereals and biscuits. Coffee is nice strong expresso, served with a jug of hot water if you would like to turn it into an 'Americano'.
There is a bar and pizzareia within 30 seconds of the hotel, but I found the better bars in the main piazza's, or just down on the main road heading towards the river. Nice restaurants were also within easy walking distance (5 mins).
The main attractions are within walking distance of the hotel. Goto the main road, cross over and keep walking up (station behind you) and you will come to a number of Piazza's, lots of shops and eventually the Royal Palace and the Cathedral (where the Shroud of Turin is kept)
Definitely a hotel I would visit again if I goto Turin and definitely one I would recommend.

Room tip: Soundproofing is good in all rooms. My room (209) overlooking the courtyard was nice and quiet, and there is a lift to all floors.
Date of stay: October 2013