“Calm and efficient”
Review of HB Aosta Hotel

HB Aosta Hotel
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Aosta
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is clean, friendly and efficient. The room was modern and everything worked. It was comfortable with good air conditioning, which I needed. The location was a little confusing because you had to drive 50m into the pedestrian precinct to turn off down a narrow street. Once there all is fine because the hotel is in the centre of this beautiful town. Not much street noise because it's not on a busy road and one street away from the Main Street. Breakfast was good, quite a lot of choice.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for HB Aosta Hotel

Reviewed 23 May 2017

The conveniently located Aosta Hotel is once again, a pleasurable experience.
Travelling from Perth, Western Australia to Italy is quite a journey ... twenty hours in the air and transit.

I arrive at Malpensa International Airport. Catch the train to Centrale Rail Stazione and just a with hop, skip and kangaroo jump, I am greeted by the gracious consierge at the Aosta.

Nothing is too much for these welcoming and professional gentlemen. Always helpful in assisting with any questions. This certainly makes the journey easier.

The rooms are always pristine, comfortable and my 'home away from home' when in Milano.

The breakfast buffet is fresh, abundant and plenty of choices.

I will continue to recommend this hotel and will also include the Aosta in my itinerary for my next visit to the magnificent city of Milano!

Grazzi Mille to the Aosta and the Staff ... Ciao, Caio!

Mem (Merilyna) McKie

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the plaza ... bella ...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2017

We (A group of 8) stayed at this hotel last year (March 16) and we were happy to come back again this year, however I would have to say that the general standard of the hotel has somewhat slipped (a bit like myself on the slopes!!!)
The rooms were not as clean as before, and the hot food at breakfast was definitely not hot, lukewarm at best and the scrambled eggs were like rubber, however on a more serious note during our stay at the hotel one of our party became unwell and when we asked the hotel if they could phone for a doctor they told us we would need to call for a ambulance to take our friend to the hospital, and that it would not be possible to get a doctor to come to the hotel. However fortunately for us members of our group have friends who live in Aosta, they told as to stay at the hotel and they would call for a doctor, needless to say within 15 - 20 minutes a local doctor arrived at the hotel to treat our friend. We found the hotel to be most unhelpful on this occasion especially as the person who became unwell has stayed at this hotel many times over the last few years, I know that the more you stay at a hotel shouldn't have any bearing on customer service.
But we all like to think that we were are not just a number and that loyal is a two way street, so definitely not good customer care!!!
will we stay again probably not.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank BGH59
marco b, Recepton at HB Aosta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Robbins

I'm very disappointed about your review as I was on duty the evening your wife wasn't well.

The instruction I had from my boss are that I cannot take the resposibility to give medicines or call who ever doctor I must have to call the emergency room which have the task to send a doctor.
I was also so polite to call you in the room before to call the emergency room because we know that usually is required a payment for the assistance and you reply that you will call for your friends and see how to sort out the situations then I put myself at your disposal if other help was needed.. probably was not enough and your friends are able to make my job better then me.

I will surely report the quality of food and of the whole stay to whom may concern.

We ALWAYS welcome you in the same way as every year and as we hope to still doing for next years and also as we welcome every guest that never stayed with us or 1, 2, 3 10, 100 times...

I'm very sorry about this incovenience and I hope you can change your mind.

Regards,

Elisa

Reviewed 10 March 2017

We stayed in the hotel HB Aosta for a week during our ski vacation in Italy and France. It was our second time in Aosta, and this time our choice of hotel was perfect. This hotel is a gem. It is clean and modern; people at the front desk are very nice and helpful. Location is perfect, right in the city center, close to the shopping and restaurants. The views from our room on the third floor were amazing. A great deal of convenience is a parking right next to the hotel. And it is only 5 euros a day. Breakfast, which is included in the price, is good with decent choices of cheeses, omelet, croissants, fruits etc. There is a spa with the hot tab (not very hot) and sauna. If you don’t want to keep your skis in your room, you can bring them downstairs in the storage room. One thing for the management, the pillows are a bit too firm, something to consider. Overall we are already planning a trip for the next year.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
marco b, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at HB Aosta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2017

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your nice review we are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we will be your choice for your next ski holidays!

We always take into consideration the customers' suggestions.. then we hope next year you can find an improvement of the quality of our pillows :) See you soon!

Reviewed 5 March 2017

The hotel was in the centre of town and was very modern. The view from the room to the mountains was breathtaking. The bar and restaurant were used and service and quality of food was excellent. Aosta proved to be my favourite place in a 2 week tour of Northern Italy. This hotel, with its convenience and quality of service was one of the factors in forming that opinion. It had an onsite car park but finding it is a challenge, without help from reception, due to one way and restricted streets.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
marco b, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at HB Aosta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your review.
We are very glad you enjoyed your time with us!

We are aware that we are situated in a good but hard to find location. For this reason we notice every guest at time of confirmation by email, by phone or on Booking/Expedia "the fine prints". Our reception staff also is always available to help you to reach the hotel in the easiest way.

Hope to have you as our guests again in a next occasion!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I have just returned from staying 3 nights at the HB Aosta hotel where we had a fantastic stay. All of the staff were extremely pleasant and would go out of their way to help. The rooms were clean and well equipped. We ate in the hotel restaurant every night and each time the food was fantastic. I will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Excellent location for Pila ski resort
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
marco b, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at HB Aosta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Dear Laura,

thank you vey much for your review.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be a pleasure to have you as our guest again next year!

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for our ski/boarding hotel the staff are very helpful and the hotel is a small family run business. The food is great and you get plenty to eat. Defiantly will be staying here when we come back to aosta.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family