“Best meal in Italy”

Price range: US$0 - US$45
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2016

We've been eating out for a week in Italy and this has been our best meal. Fantastic flavors. Elegant presentation. Beautiful, authentic old-world setting.

Definitely order the mixed seafood appetizer--a flight of gourmet raw seafood that's to die for. And finish the meal with the lava cake. In between, hard to go wrong but the mixed fried (tempura style) seafood and grilled sea bass were both wonderful.

Enjoy!

Reviewed December 29, 2015 via mobile

Food was fantastic and authentic. Octopus and the crab were to die for. Highly recommended! Soooooooooo gooooooood

Reviewed September 14, 2015

This restaurant was located in the same road as we were staying and we decided to try it due to the previous TA reviews and as my wife loves fish. I do not particularly like fish and do not eat seafood so I had also previewed the menu to see that there was something on there I could eat and also checked with them earlier in the day that a ravioli starter could be served without the prawns. However it really is a place ONLY for those who love fish and raw fish. An amuse bouche of polenta and baccala was nice enough. My wife had a lovely (though small) starter of lobster salad with apple, whilst my ravioli with burrata (minus said prawns) was underwhelming - no alternative to the prawns or even additional ravioli was added to this small dish. The only non-fish main that night was steak, which I ordered medium/well done. It came up for me barely cooked on one side, the chef had clearly failed to understand how to cook a steak properly. I realise that this is predominantly a fish/seafood restaurant but as a couple we want to be able to have at least one decent non-fish option, which this would be if they could cook it - see photo. My wife had tuna, again slightly undercooked for her taste. The "maitre d'" I found to be very off-hand to the point of rudeness; I tried to attract the attention of the member of staff I had spoken to about the menu earlier in the day (who had been helpful) but it seemed he was not allowed to come over to talk to us. The Maitre d' had offered to recook the mains but by then it was really too late. Overall very disappointing and expensive meal. P.S - My wife has actually written this review because she would not allow me to write what I really thought about this place!

Reviewed July 29, 2015 via mobile

After having been heard about this seafood kingdom, finally I've got the chance to taste and enjoy it...
It has been confirmed through my palate that seafood was simply stunning!!
I've tried one raw platter that was presenting a tartare of a delightful mix of shrimps, tuna and probably sea bream....on top some slices of fresh strawberry...a great harmony and a twist of flavors.
My experience has been completed through home made pasta (scialatielli) with an amazing sauce of octopus, sweet tomatoes and bottarga di muggine (raw fish eggs)...that was an orchestra of balanced mediterranean flavors. Amazing!!
Wines are extremely well selected.
The staff is gentle but maybe a little bit unprecise...
Prices are quite high, but the environment around and the high quality food justify the bill. To be tried, no doubts!!

Reviewed July 15, 2015

Really I do not understand in a good restauran, with good service and good food, why they are trying to fasten you with microscopic (I repeat really microscopic) dishes. The additional good of giving you a decent plate would be really minimal.
So go to Antico Morer, but please book a restaurant in the same evening in order to eat and survive. Otherwise you shall die with the microscopic dishes of the Antico Morer