“Great Cocktails ”

Il Mercante Cocktail Bar
Ranked #1 of 1,594 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Neighbourhood: San Polo
Description: Cocktail bar locato in un Caffè storico attivo dal 1870. Proprio di fronte alla basilica dei Frari, Il Mercante apre le sue porte dalle ore 18 presso il Caffè dei Frari, dove vi aspettano cocktail strabilianti in un salottino d'altri tempi. Riposatevi dopo una lunga giornata attraverso le calli di Venezia con drink che prendono spunto dai viaggi dei grandi esploratori della storia.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

The place is just amazing. The location itself is just great and the drinks are delicious and not as expensive as you would think of a place like this in Venice. A Aperol Spritz was about 3,50€ and it was better then anything else tried in Italy so far.
The menu is really packed. I just asked the waitress what she recommends. The brought me a drink that isn’t even on the menu, but it was just amazing!

1  Thank Patrick K

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

If you are in Venice and you are looking for cocktails, this is the only place to come. Great location, and away from the tourist traps, but super welcoming to everyone. Great chilled atmosphere, really friendly staff who know everything about what they are serving. Came back twice in two days and would defiantly come back for more. Couldn’t recommend it more highly.

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

I loved the decoration, service, atmosphere and, of course... drinks! If you are a cocktail lover this is the place for you! I specially enjoyed the martinis! Highly recommend it if you are looking for a nice drink in the middle of Venice

Reviewed March 21, 2018

Love, love, love this place! My wife and I went twice while we were in town recently. Amazing inventive cocktails, super-friendly and helpful bartenders, and a cool atmosphere. This is not a pseudo-craft cocktail tourist trap...it is the real deal and could stand up to any of the best cocktail bars I've been to in the world!

Reviewed March 19, 2018

This was our first trip to Venice. We didn't stumble across Il Mercante as some do, we set out to find it. My main reason for tavelling is to drink in the Worlds Best Bars, Il Mercante is definitely one of them!
It's a lovely intimate bar, the drinks menu is the perfect size with drinks catering for every taste. Our drinks were excellent, and for my last drink I went off menu, asking Alessandro if he could make me a sour and bitter drink (my preferred taste) of his choosing, He came back with an amazing drink, and of course I asked for the recipe. He thought I would struggle to get the Sardinian Mirtamaro in England, so he sent his colleague out into the rain to buy me a bottle. That's Venetian service!!!
Thanks again, Il Mercante, Alessandro and staff for a brilliant evening. We'll definitely be back.
Oh! One other thing, the Cicchetti were the best we had in Venice.

2  Thank Malcolm G