“The best venetian dinner”
Review of Antiche Carampane

Antiche Carampane
Ranked #93 of 1,462 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Polo
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Local restaurant with fresh fish, excellent pasta and better service. Its not a place for tourists but if you are one that aprecciate the fine ciusine, this is the place!!

Reviewed 12 April 2012

Very friendly service in this family owned restaurant.Freshest fish, simply & beautifully cooked.
Excellent wine list that features some very fine white wines from the Friuli & Trentino regions.
We visit Venice every March and always return to the Antiche Carampane. We always look forward to it and it never disappoints.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

I agree with all the recent reviews.Until we went to Al Paridiso last night I would have said that this was our best meal in Venice but now I have to say second best after Al Paridiso.
The service and food were very good and the clients were a mix of tourists and locals.My husband had the squid in black ink which is very local but a very strong for our USA taste.The John Dory fish was excellent.

2  Thank Massachusetts32
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Delicious food, gracious hosts, fair prices. Not easy to find, but worth the trek. Off the beaten path ... Not for people looking for a typical "tourist" meal. True Venetian cuisine and a wine list that doesn't end. The staff are genuine and passionate. It was my favorite evening in Venice. The deep-fried impossibly shrimpy-shrimp in a paper cone that greeted us as soon as we sat down as an amuse bouche have literally invaded my dreams. Even their bathrooms were worth the trip! So lovely!

1  Thank BhiveDesign
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We always do a formal dinner while on vacation and this was a great choice thanks to other reviews on here. We made a reservation for the 7:30 seating. Not the easiest restaurant to find, but its worth it. Very inviting staff as they let us sit 20 minutes early. Very cozy dining area that gets packed pretty quickly. It was my first time in a REAL Italian restaurant and I was used to 3 courses, but they offer 5. The food was delicious and they are always asking if you want more. Great wine selection as well.

1  Thank tlittlej