“Nice and relaxing stay”

living room
dining area
dining area
Biennale lovely terrace
the terrace can be accessed from the living room and kitchen
there is a table for up to 6 people and a large sun umbrella
twin bedroom
twin bedroom
bathroom
bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Petri S
Oulu, Finland
“Nice and relaxing stay”
Reviewed 21 December 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

First some background: This was the sixth trip to Venice for me (my wife's been there already 8 times) so we are already somewhat experienced about the place and customs. Please have a read of my previous reviews to see what I expect from my vacation destinations. Also, this review has definitely been a bit delayed since we stayed at this property already mid-July, even when I had decided to write something to counter those two last very negative reviews.

We had this property booked quite early to get something with balcony or altana (rooftop terrace) during the Redentore time (for some reason that seems to be the time we are in Venice most often), we were originally going to pick another property but after some frank discussions with Daniela we were recommended this one instead. And I would say the choice was correct one. This property has a large balcony overlooking a quiet canal, just perfect for late morning coffee or lazy evening reading a book. Just like we wanted. Balcony is large and as some said there is a small window in one corner (behind a plant screen) belonging to another apartment, which is sometimes open. That however, didn't interfere with us at all. Only problem with the balcony is that the apartments AC units’ are located in the balcony and are blowing in the balcony which makes part of the balcony unusable during the midday heat due to the extra heat they are blowing out. This was only one third of the balcony area, so easily avoided though, Please see the attached picture of the balcony (where the extra window is NOT the one show on the right, but behind it.) Views from the balcony were not that nice due to the building right in front of it, but unless you go to rooftops or to the side of a big canal that is the case everywhere in Venice.

Otherwise the apartment was ok, two bedrooms, one big living room and smallish kitchen. And bathroom of course. All three main rooms had separately adjustable AC units which made the life at the hottest time of the year nice. The apartment is at the second floor so there was a short flight of stairs indoors to reach the place. Kitchen is smallish, but I wold call it tiny, space enough for two people cooking. We mostly did our breakfast lunch there though during our two week vacation, preferring to eat outside during the evenings so I’m not sure how big it is for a bigger family… Only complaint I have about the kitchen would be that the coffee pot (Moka) was a bit too small (even for two!) and had a leaky pressure valve. Fix that please!

Locationwise it was nice and quiet. Very close proximity to two squares with some reasonably priced restaurants, with all that Venice has to offer within walking distance. Also San Angelo vaporetto (water bus) stop was very close by allowing easy access to any locations farther off, even the airport transportation (orange line) stops at that stop.

Since we stayed there over a week one mid vacation cleaning and bed sheet change was included with the rental price. Which was enough for us, but you mileage may vary. I understood that you can get them changed more often for price. And yes, apartment WiFi worked nicely through whole time.

In summary: Above average vacation rental in Venice with some slight room for improvement.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: AC units at the balcony
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Cape Town

Melbourne Australia
Reviewed 28 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

DGH4493
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Biennale met all our expectations!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

On my third trip to Venice, I was delighted with the choice we made of the Biennale apartment. It was true to the photos and information provided. The location was perfect. It is close to transportation (S. Angelo Vaporetto), and shopping (grocery within a city block away - over a ponte and around the corner from Campo Beneto). It is situated in a quiet spot, away from the hustle and bustle. The apartment was warm and inviting, comfortable decor, and perfect for my husband and I, my daughter and her son. We spent relaxing mornings and evenings on the quiet terrace. I highly recommend this apartment, and Truly Venice to all traveling to one of my favorite cities. I've already told all my traveling friends of this wonderful location.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything about the apartment and the location.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Week
Month
Make Enquiry
Talk to the Manager
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing