“A simply wonderful place to celebrate the end of...”

Review of Ca' Del Gabbiano

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
GreenBean...
Beijing, China
“A simply wonderful place to celebrate the end of the year”
Reviewed January 8, 2012 for a stay in December 2011

My wife and I, with her brother and his wife stayed in Ca'Del Gabbiano for the end of 2011 and the start of 2012. Everything about our stay was superb.
The apartment is in a fantastic location to savour the best of Venice. The beams and wooden floors make it cosy and create a lovely atmosphere. The 108 steps to the front door were great exercise and we found we could climb them much faster by the end of our stay.
We did not make much use of the sensational roof terrace, as it was mid-winter, but had one lunch with stupendous views over the city with Piazza San Marco in the distance. We are already thinking about a return visit in summer to spend more time on the roof!
The appartment has a fully equiped kitchen, and we did have a few very nice meals "at home". However, there are some great restaurants nearby, and eating out is part of the beauty of Venice.
We were met by the very friendly and helpful Rachel at the San Angelo Vaporetto stop when we arrived and she came over again on the day of departure for our check-out. We did not need any assistance during our stay, but were confident that Views on Venice were at the end of the telephone, should we have needed them.
All-in-all, a magical place in a magical town. Highly recommended!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The wooden floors and beams that make it a very special apartment
Liked least: The weather did not allow to use the roof terrace more often
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
7 Jan 2012
Great to hear from you GreenBeans Suisse and super to read you had such a nice time and that you might be returning – the views and the terrace and restaurants will be waiting, plus we really would love to see you again! With our very best wishes and thanks to you all.

Australia
Reviewed July 3, 2011 for a stay in June 2011

3 Jul 2011
Thanks John! - yes, having outside space is certainly a bonus and I can think of nothing nicer on a fine June day than enjoying breakfast or evening drinks while gazing across the bell towers. Also to mention that only last week we added another beautiful apartment with a rooftop terrace to our fine portfolio of properties - called Ca' Regina - do check it out!

Hoping to welcome you back again soon and with our thanks and best wishes to you all in Coomoora.

Arriverderci

doveilvin...
California
“Amazing, amazing, amazing”
Reviewed June 12, 2011 for a stay in May 2011
person found this review helpful

It was really hard to find an apartment that met our requirements. We wanted a place with two full bedrooms (and not twin beds) and two full bathrooms and a roof terrrace, and that is actually harder to find than one might think. We also wanted a great location and nice furniture to lounge around on when not out and about. This apartment far exceeded our expectations on all these fronts.

The only downside is that this is not a location for the infirm or weak of heart or legs. We four travelers are all fit 50-65 year olds, but the 100 stairs at the end of a long day was not looked forward to. But the view from the top of the place is so amazing I just kept telling my legs to 'shut up'. It also didn't help that for two of our four days the AC wasn't working because the people who manage the apartment didn't know how to turn it on properly so all we had was fan and no cold. Unfortunately, they were having a bit of a heat wave at the time which made for two very unpleasant nights of sleep.

Even with these minor issue, having a real nice, remote, and quiet place to stay in Venice is critical to enjoying this crazy, busy city and this place will be the apartment I measure all apartments going forward for comfort and luxury.

Travelling group: With Friends
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with teenagers
Tourists Rugged travelers
11 Jun 2011
Ciao doveilvino, thank you so much for writing in with details of your
amazing experience at Ca' Del Gabbiano - I'm really delighted you enjoyed
yourselves (despite the climb!) Please accept my sincere apologies for the
non-functioning air-conditioning (an electronic fault) over two days of your
stay - I'm so glad it didn't detract entirely from your enjoyment of
the apartment. Hoping you had a pleasant return journey to California and
that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Venice again soon.

London
Reviewed June 1, 2011 for a stay in May 2011

1 Jun 2011
Ciao Jeffrey
Very many thanks for your positive review - I'm really glad you found the splendid views worth the climb up (I always try to think of it as a mini-workout!) Hope we have the pleasure of seeing you back in Venice again soon and that you have a great summer.
Schaffhausen
Reviewed May 20, 2011 for a stay in April 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: the view and the central location
Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 45-54
20 May 2011
Ciao Bernie
Aren't those views brilliant! - I just have to agree with you! Andthank you so much for awarding us your top ratings - seeing 5/5 for value, comfort, location, cleanliness, check-in and service truly gladdens the heart! It would be a real pleasure for us to welcome you back to Venice again soon and with all our very best to you and your family.
UK
Reviewed December 9, 2010 for a stay in October 2010

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 45-54
9 Dec 2010
Ciao Julie and Charles

Thanks so much for your kind comments on your time amidst the rooftops and the views on Venice! I'm delighted that you enjoyed yourselves and would love to be of service to you again should you plan on returning at some stage in the future. With a 'Felice Anno Nuovo!' from myself and everyone on the team here in Venice.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed October 20, 2010 for a stay in September 2010

20 Oct 2010
Ciao Dave
Yes, despite the climb we just had to offer it as the views really are second to none. I'm so pleased to hear that you loved the apartment though (gives some idea of what it must be like to be a bird!) Thank you for choosing us for your holiday and hope to see you again.

Cordiali Saluti

Filippo, Views on Venice
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing