Book In Advance
In high demand - travellers recommend booking ahead!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from US$35.30
from US$39.60
from US$39.60
1,457 results
All reviews la traviata from room to room opera experience intimate setting love duets small audience second act takes place old palace opera lovers traditional opera glass of prosecco opera singers front row wonderful evening unique experience overlooking the grand canal
Reviewed October 17, 2017

This was an amazing experience. I love opera and being this close to the action was so much fun and a one of a kind experience. even if you're not the biggest opera fan. they sell a book with the english/italian commentary so you know exactly what is going on, but i recommend researching the opera before so you can watch and not read word for word. we saw the barber of seville and the figaro character was excellent and his voice filled the whole room. rosina was also spectacular. it's best to sit in the few front rows but not next to the musicians because they will over power you hearing the singing. get there at least 20 min before for good seating. eat before going because everything was closed afterwards on a sunday night at least.

Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

In a beautiful Palazzo near St Marks, we saw Rigoletto performed up close and personal. Amazing voices, an incredible setting better than any set, and we sat in front so the we could hear the artists take their breaths before their long notes. Very personal, very beautiful. Get the program for a few euros that explains the characters and plots and translates the lines. Runs two hours 8:30 to 10:30 pm, not super easy to find so go early, doors open at 8 pm. Eat an early dinner or late lunch, it’s hard to find any restaurants open after 10:30 in this part of town. We will attend another opera next time we are in town.

Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

We went to a performance of Rigoletto. Absolutely brilliant. Musicians and singers of highest quality. It takes place in Palazzo Barbarigo Minotti and you move from room to room as the performance unfolds. Highly recommended for quality entertainment and atmosphere

Reviewed October 8, 2017

This was a mystery trip down the back streets of Venice along the canals, into a secret alley and then into a faded grand house to an immersive, operatic experience. Magical and special.

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

I saw two shows. One was "The Barber of Seville" and the other was "LA Traviata"

1. Barber
5 stars - It was funny even though I did not understand any Italian. However it helped me to understand that I had read a story before going there.
Singers were great not for only singing, but also for the acting.
The piano was fantastic. Strings were fabulous.
Playing Music, Singing and Acting were all harmoniously worked well. And audiences who laughed as watching. It was great night with full of enjoyment.

2. La Traviata
Violetta was fantastic. Her voice was great and her acting was impressive. Especially her facial expression was touching in the 2nd.
I think Violin was important in this opera, but somewhat it bothered many times during the performance. The same pianist as Barber, but she was not as impressive as at Barber.
The most disappointing was the acting of two male singers.
The Alfredo's father was ok. I did not feel any from his singing. He just sang and did his part without any emotion.
However, Alfredo's acting was horrible. He sung well, but from the beginning to the end, his face was full of tiredness. It seemed he just wanted to be done and to go home. No expression of love in 1st. No expression of love nor anger in 2nd. No expression of sorrow in 3rd. All same tired looking. I tried not to look at him when he sang because the song was much better without seeing him. I was irritated by seeing him in 3rd because I could not enjoy, so I closed my eyes many times.

If I only saw LA Traviata, it would be 3 stars. And all the 3 go to only Violetta herself.

If only The Barber of Seville, I would give 5. Thus I averaged to 4.

However, I STRONGLY recommend you seeing any show at Musica A Pallazo.

BTW, if you wanna sit on the 1st row, go there around 7:30 and wait even though the door is closed. They will ask to write personal info for insurance purpose which I did not beleive as soon as you get into the main room. If couple, one writes and the other takes seats before others take.
(I do not think you have to write truth even though I did mistakenly) I am not sure there is any form available on the net. If there is, prepare to save time.

And try to drink fast and wait outside of the drinking room during intermezzo for 2nd room (between drinking room and the restroom). Sitting on the 1st row makes a lot of difference based on my opinion.
If you could not sit on the 1st. Try to avoid sitting behind a big person. Common sense.

And many dressed properly. Only one or two dressed very casually, only men, based on my experience.