With a college degree in music performance, having trained at both the Cleveland Institute of Music and The University of Michigan - I can tell you without reservation that the quality of the performance we saw on 12/15/17 was nothing short of world class.
The highlights for us:
1. The venue: held in a former palace steeped in history, they do a great job of utilizing the amazing space as staging. Very cool.
2. The sparkling wine at intermission included in the price of the ticket - a very nice touch.
3. The price, while somewhat expensive - is nothing compared to what you would pay at one of the opera houses throughout Europe for a decent seat.
4. The libretto provided a great history of the venue and wonderful translation of the source material. Buy one.
5. Performances were outstanding - the aria by the Soprano by candlelight was incredible.
The conclusion of the opera was met by a standing ovation from the entire audience.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.