“Great spot!!”
Review of A Venice Emeralds

A Venice Emeralds
Ranked #376 of 471 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful stay! Thanks so much, Pepe, for being such a great host! Comfortable, clean, great location, terrific breakfast! Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank LRJ_11
There are newer reviews for A Venice Emeralds

Reviewed 10 October 2011

Will definitely recommend this place to anybody who want to feel him/herself a Venetian! Located in a newly restored old Castle this B&B has everything necessary - clean, pleasant rooms, good breakfast, location near the main Venice sights and the feeling of a Venetian house when you open the window shutters and hear the subdued sounds of the street or unlock the century-old door with your own key.... The owner of the place is a great guy who will entertain you by telling his life-stories or give you valuable advice where to go and where not to go in Venice :)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Salcacilar
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We chose A Venice Emeralds B&B to stay 2 nights in Venice and were extremely happy with the location -within walking distance of Piazza San Marco- the area where this palazzo was located was safe, with restaurants and shops nearby and just a walk away to conveniently catch the water buses. The room was comfortable, bathroom spacious (for Europe) all very clean. Fresh, crisp linen and towels every day and the use of a small refrigerator, in the room, with a few bottles of water compliments of the management!

But what made our stay so unforgettable was the hospitality and personality of the owner and manager of this nice B&B: Giuseppe Picaro. He made our stay so pleasant with his plentiful breakfasts, the use of his internet WiFi at no extra cost, his directions to good restaurants, his willingness to help and make his guests feel at home is the 'icing on the cake' to this charming B&B. We will always remember Giuseppe and will stay in his place when we go back to Venice! Thank you "my friend." Richard & Amparo Souza from Honolulu - Hawaii - September 2011

Room Tip: Ask for a bedroom with bathroom inside.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank AmparoS646
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We booked this hotel for our first trip to Venice and had a confirmation number and booking number for three days in September. Two days before we get an e-mail that we cancelled (when in fact we didn't) and called customer service and the hotel told them that we contacted them to cancel. We were scrambling at the last minute to find another hotel (while we were in Florence spent a good portion of a morning trying to find something without knowing where we would end up in Venice as we had no maps and very slow internet connection that we were paying for) We finally found a hotel that was open for the three nights and paid almost 3x as much because it was last minute and not many openings for 3 nights. Venere.com is obviously not a site we would use again and A Venice Emeralds is not to be trusted!

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank janel0
emeraldsowned, Direttore at A Venice Emeralds, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2011

My dear customers,
I'm sorry I deleted your reservations (and maybe this time I apologize 100)
in all the lies you have written you forgot to mention that the owner on many occasions and offered to help, as the emails sent,
but what we want to do you were tough people, were now ready to do everything
so I do not understand now your complaining and crying.
and another thing the company with which you booked Venere.com
you can not accuse her of anything, because they do not have any guilt,
I am responsible for what happened.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

My wife (Jessica "The Boss") and I just got back from a lovely stay at the Venice Emeralds. Giuseppe could not have been a more gratious host. He gave us a wonderful suggestion for dinner (Nono Risorto) where we had a great dinner in an open atmosphere. The next day when we wanted to visit the other islands he helped us to make sure we knew what boats to get on. He runs this place by himself and does it very well. He is in the middle of adding on to his hotel and even let my wife and I see the new place and I'm sure people will love it. I look forward to coming back and staying here again. I wish Giuseppe good luck with the new addition to the hotel. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Neil C
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We really looked forward to staying at the Emeralds given all the positive reviews, but from the first encounter with Giuseppe, our group could not believe how we were treated. Interestingly, our experience was very similar to that described by franco. We were four American women who were finished up two weeks of travelling in Italy with a two-night stay in Venice. We arrived mid-day and got off the water taxi near San Marcos. We tried to call Giuseppe for detailed directions, but he would not take our call because we had already called him the night before (he told us that later). No one including the water taxi attendants had heard ot this place or the street. Eventually one gentleman located the street (really a dead end alley) and gave us walking directions. Anyone who has been to Venice knows that even with a map, it is difficult to find your way around especially with suitcases. When we finally found the hotel, Giuseppe berated my niece, referring to her as a princess and chastising her for calling him more than once, keeping him from his other more important guests, coming to Venice without knowing where to go and how to get around, etc. He went on and on; at the end of which, he announced that he did not want us staying at his hotel. At that point, my sister-in-law burst into tears (we had been on trains for several hours and lugged suitcases quite a distance without his assistance). When asked what he expected us to do, he offered to find us another hotel. While we loved the hotel and the staff at the Hotel Al Piave, Giuseppe mistakenly told them we were staying only one night. As they were booked for the second night, the concierge at Al Piave found us a hotel for the second might (Hotel Palazzo Vitturi). The staff at both Al Piave and Vitturi were remarkably kind and helpful and as both hotels are within one block of the Emeralds with wonderful accommodations, I would recommend staying at either of them. The last insult from Giuseppe is his refusal (as of today's date) to reimburse us for the increased costs at the other hotels. Under our booking contract, he is oblitgated to pay these amounts based on his refusal to honor the confirmed reservation. Avoid this man at all costs!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Juliana616
emeraldsowned, Direttore generale at A Venice Emeralds, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2011

This message is intended for all guests who have stayed happily at the Venice Emeralds 1 & 2, of which you can read on Booking.com, on venere.com
hotels.com etc.
I appeal to you that you were so good at the B & B to be awarded and write more,
I'm sorry you have to read the lies and slanders made against me and against the structure and also of you guests,
because it is precisely because I care about good and respectful of clients, families and their children,
I always have to seriously worry about what kind of clients do I get to my property as customers who sign the guest Juliana616 (American), franco786 (Pakistan) L325 (spain),
These 3 rooms in one year have been pushed out in the true sense of the word, because it is in, not educated, not personal hygiene, and much more
but the thing that most offends and disgusts me, and they even have the courage to go for civilians,
but the civilians,
as the customer says he Franco786 not arrive at 1 am and demand explanations about the city and that someone be bringing your luggage to the wife, there is written in all the sites that the desk closes at 9 and we are not a hotel but a simple B & B, but the customer wants to pay 786 Franco for a B & B and have the services of 5 stars, this is not civil, and just be smart.....
or the client who calls himself Juliana616, in my opinion they are the customers most false and disrespectful, even against a child in the hospital (I quote their words of triadvisor, special client called him) called me a million times to get I can not explain what, and when I told him I was busy with other clients in the hospital, they contend that there are special customers ...................... shame shame, shame, shame, was a child of 4 years shame, shame.
I leave you to imagine what the last customer has been able to do since the 2 previous customers.
I will protect all my clients always respectful and polite and nice those loyal ones who stay at my hotel,
but for all others who think they do what they want, well just tell him that you will be shown the door .................
I do not do discounts for you rude,
your opinions and comments and I do not care nothing
my clients will tell.

Reviewed 20 June 2011

This delightful B&B is down a small alley and up three flights of stone steps in a typical 15th Century Venetian house. Our bedroom and private bathroom were immaculate. The bedroom had a large comfortable King size bed and the portable air conditioning was very effective (although it did take up quite a bit of space. Guiseppe provided a substantial (fairly basic) continental breakfast and made himself available to give any advice you wanted. We asked him to book us a restaurant and when that was full he suggested and arranged for us to go to a wonderful family run Trattoria. We couldn't have asked for more and it was wonderful value for money.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family