“Gondola Driving >>>>> Gondola Riding”
Review of Row Venice

Row Venice
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Learn to row like a Venetian-standing, facing forward, just like the gondoliers-in a beautiful, traditional Venetian all-wood gondolina batella coda di gambero. See Venice from a unique, authentic perspective in this unique outing: you can't row Venice if you haven't rowed Venice.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 22, 2017

My boyfriend and I were in Venice, Italy for a short 3 days - and just like every other traveler (tourist) it was on our Bucket List to "Ride a Gondola". However when you arrive you realize that it is SUCH a touristy thing to do and the thought of overpaying for a short and uneventful ride eliminates all worth of the ride itself.

Therefore, instead we decided to look for an EXPERIENCE and we are very very thankful that we found Row Venice. Our gondolier, Anna, was so friendly and she truly LOVED teaching others about Venice, the history and the gondolas. Not only were we able to escape to canals "off the beaten path" but also into the Venice Lagoon which provided an AMAZING view of the mountains.

This is definitely a memory that will stick with us FOREVER, and we HIGHLY recommend Row Venice to anyone and everyone visiting Venice.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,388)
All reviews
"non profit"
in 18 reviews
"learn how"
in 42 reviews
"highly recommend this activity"
in 13 reviews
in 26 reviews
"venetian style"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed November 16, 2017

My husband and I wanted to try something adventurous while in Venice. We found this activity on TripAdvisor and are leaving this review to help others plan a fun time in Venice. Our instructor’s name was Anna and she was a sweet lady and really set the tone for our rowing adventure. I would highly recommend attending the rowing session because of how unique an experience it is and how much appreciation for the sport and technique of Venetian rowing you will walk away with.

Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

We had such a great time today! booked a Sunday morning trip as the canals are quiet at that time, Anna was amazingly helpful and a wealth of knowledge about Venice and it's history! Grazie Anna!

Reviewed November 7, 2017

My husband, our four year old son and I took a lesson with Row Venice in November and LOVED it. We had fun, learned a lot and knew that our son was safe with Row Venice helping him to learn while enjoying himself. We highly recommend these classes!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 6, 2017

This was absolutely the highlight of our trip. My husband, sister, and best friend went in one gondola (not actually a gondola I forget the name of the boat but it's similar) and we had Elena as our guide. We did the Evening Grand Canal Row. I was a little nervous I would have a hard time rowing with all the boat traffic and in the dark. Exactly the opposite. Elena was so wonderful and knowledgable about anything and everything to do with rowing and Venetian history. All four of us had plenty of rowing time. Elena was a great teacher and we all felt comfortable rowing through narrow channels or between boats with her steering and leading the way. My eyes were wide and we all laughed the whole trip. What a beautiful, memorable, super fun experience. Best part, was we were able to know our money was going to a wonderful cause. Thank you SO much and if we are ever back in Venice we will definitely do this again!