“We loved lunch”

Ranked #60 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Bremerton, Washington
“We loved lunch”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We savored our lunch at The Danieli every time we visited Venice (way back in the 80s and 90s). Sorry Trip Advisor makes me tell a fib on our visit date. We ordered a first course, dessert and wine for two and savored the view as much as the wonderful food. I can remember we spent about $100 for two which was plenty in those days. I can still close my eyes and imagine very clearly the entire two hours we spent. It was fun walking into that perfect looking lobby, riding the elevator to the open air restaurant and pretending we could have stayed there if we'd have wanted. Even the bathroom was fabulous! It's been years and I hope to go back once more. It's a bit disturbing reading reviews about poor service. We outsiders were treated very well. Thank you for the memories.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
ExecutiveOffice72, Manager at Hotel Danieli, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Dear Mona2446,
We genuinely appreciate your positive comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the culinary delights and ambience of the Terrazza Restaurant and we will certainly share your compliments with the Executive Chef and his team; they will be more than happy to get such a great recognition.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel Danieli Terrazza Restaurant on your future visits.
Best regards,
Christophe Mercier

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Excellent hotel, the staff always attentive to the guests demands, excellent concierge and the location...wonderful. This hotel is ideally located for shopping and sightseeing. Everyone was polite, friendly and professional and couldn't have been more accomodating despite this being an extremely busy hotel. Our room was large and the bed was the most comfortable we have ever slept in. Although the furnishings were not as modern as expected, the room was very clean and the size more than made up for it. Everything else about this hotel made our trip memorable. The public areas are truly beautiful and I would recommend staying here to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank danayeah
Dear danayeah,
Thank you for your fantastic feedback regarding your recent visit to the Hotel Danieli. I am very happy to receive such an encouraging review from you. I will certainly pass all of your kind comments on to my team as mentioned and I know they will be delighted to hear them. We will look forward to welcoming you back soon.
kindest regards,
Kidderminster
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Important trip for my Wife and I so booked this hotel as one of the best in the world - got to the hotel expectations running high - checked in - went to the room with a member of staff and low and behold other peoples luggage in our room - apologies asked to wait 5 minutes have a drink and go back which is what we did - before we went back we spoke to the chap at the bar - can you check our room is ready - he could not get a response from reception - not impressed so far - we went back to our room - after about 45 minutes not 5 minutes and the luggage was still there - now we are alone in a room with someone elses luggage at this hotel - we could have tampered damaged stole from it anything - we obviously did not - but would you like your luggage handled in this way at a supposed top hotel!!

We then went back to reception explained the position and it took the head conceirge himself who was understandably embarassed and had no dealing with this situation before this point and a services manager to actualy go to the room and take the luggage out. Now you think this would be the end of the situation but no about an hour later my Wife noticed a set of keys on the side in our room - they had been left by the services manager - it turned out this was a set of master keys to the hotel rooms - we dutifuly returned these to the hotel also.

After our return you are asked to rate this hotel to them directly which I did explaining the problems - I then received an email from Chritophe Mercier the Hotel Manager apologising - OK I thought however he then asked me to return to the hotel to and I am quoting directly "demonstrate you that we deserve your trust" - now this hotel is £1000 plus per night - you expect perfection at that level - however we received far less than that and they wanted us to return to them at this rate for them to demonstrate they were as they should have been previously. I therefore emailed them on the 24th May asking why I should pay them to repair their lack of previous service - or at least has some discount etc - well as of today 5th June 2012 13 days later I have not even had the courtesy of a response from them.

Hotel building - wonderful - food - wonderful - service during and after your stay - more budget hotel than prestige hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank IanKidderminster
Thomasville, Georgia
Reviewed 4 June 2012

The Hotel Danieli is probably my second favorite hotel stay ever (the first is Ballynahinch Castle in Recess, Ireland, outside Galway). It absolutely fulfilled every wish I could imagine. The location is superb, a few steps away from Piazza San Marco and you can access a gondola from the side of the hotel. The old world charm, furnishings and atmosphere took my breath away: I can't imagine a more perfect hotel. The view from the terrace offers an amazing view of the Grand Canal and our meals were all quite delicious. We stayed in a small suite and it was so charming. Wherever I turned, I would see another beautiful, meticulous detail in the hotel millwork, glass, etc., that would knock my socks off! The staff is fabulous and will attend to your every need. Although it's touristy, do take the gondola. It's fun and the architecture of Venice is delightful. Also, visit the Peggy Guggenheim museum if you enjoy art and check out the Dali gallery but my favorite experience in Venice? Walking through the Piazza late at night when very few people remained. An orchestra was playing a lovely classical tango and it was such a special moment of a lifetime. The Hotel Danieli and Venice are bewitching!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
ExecutiveOffice72, Manager at Hotel Danieli, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Dear Smiles4miles,
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guest! Your comments have been received with great appreciation and we are so pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Warm regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2012

What a location!! It does not get any better than this. Firstly pre book a water taxi online and enjoy the transfer from the airport straight to the jetty outside the hotel. You are doing yourself out of a magical experience if you don't.
Checked in with my gf and young baby,staff could not be more helpful. Stayed in a lagoon view room which was a first for me and well worth the expense. As my room was in the old part of the palace it was beautiful. A little tired maybe and could do with freshening up.Bathroom was clean, spacious and luxurious. Lovely.
Breakfast was fabulous. Great choice of everything you could want and good coffee. The view from the terrace is probably one of the best in Venice and worth having breakfast just for that.
Had a lovely 2 night stay, prebooked a lot of stuff to save quite a bit of cash.You can 'do' Venice properly on a budget if you do it this way. Off season is the best time to visit, I have stayed in Feb and Nov, great weather, less tourists and no smell that I've been told can be strong in the summer. Treat yourself and stay at the Danieli.
I love the experience of staying at the hotel Danieli and look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: Lagoon View if you can afford it. Stay in the old building for character rooms and the full experie...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Dear TheNameIsBond ,
We would like to thank you for your valuable, constructive and detailed report. Together with all the Trip Advisor visitors, we have read with great interest your evaluation and we welcome your encouraging comments as they represent a vital instrument in our daily commitment to create memorable experiences for our Guests.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon to the Hotel Danieli, we remian with best regards,
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I visited the Danieli in April 2012. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. The service was outstanding from check in, to the wonderful bar service and the welcoming servers at breakfast. I also visited Bologna on this trip so left my luggage at the hotel for a few days, it was so nice to be welcomed back to the hotel a few days later. Marino, Federica and Ennio were fantastic with us, nothing was too much trouble. This was a special trip as my mother had wanted to visit Venice for many years, and finally for her birthday gift at 74 she got to go!! The staff recognized this and did everything to make our trip special. In fact the concierge was even helpful before our arrival - on calling the hotel I asked about arrival at the airport and transfers to the hotel, the hotel arranged everything, we were met by car taken to our boat and enjoyed a scenic tour of Venice to our hotel. We never touched our luggage, now for nearly 200 Euros you would expect that but it is 130 just for a water taxi and you have to carry your luggage to the dock and it is a long way, not appropriate for an elderly person. Our rooms were beautiful, the terrace restaurant has a breathtaking view of Venice and the entrance to the hotel is just something to behold!!

The hotel is beautiful, it is so well situated, just steps from San Marcos Square but it is without doubt the outstanding service that makes a stay at the Danieli worth every penny, you will not be disappointed. Everything was lovely from Check in to the turn down service at night - Thank you to everyone who made out stay so memorable. I can't wait to return with my husband next year!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear KarlaMS ,
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to post your favourable comments on the Hotel Danieli and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Best regards,
San Jose, California
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Hotel Danieli is only two buildings down from the Doge's palace on Piazza San Marco. The hotel was comprised of two or three buildings, and very beautifully decorated with murano glass chandeliers. The staff was very courteous and helpful. I redeemed Starwood points for the room, and got upgraded to a deluxe room with a walk-in closet and huge bathroom (by European standard). Also got complimentary internet because of my gold preferred member status. The internet was somewhat slow and the TV didn't work. But it didn't matter to us. There is a vaporetto stop right in front of the hotel, so it's easy to get to from the train station.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
ExecutiveOffice72, Manager at Hotel Danieli, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Dear JoJoXS,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
The Hotel Danieli offers Wi-Fi throughout the entire hotel, I apologize for any technical issue you might have encountered during your stay.
Once again thank you for your comments and for staying with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Kind regards,