2,839 results
All reviews grand canal casa nova breakfast terrace water taxi superior suite five star hotel walk in closet designer shops gondola station concierge staff perfect location beautiful hotel harry's bar the main hotel mark's square old world marble bathroom
Reviewed December 6, 2015

I doubt that we will ever stay anywhere but The Bauer. We have stayed many places in Venice over the years, but The Bauer has won our hearts after staying there two years in a row. The Bauer has to be one of the world's greatest hotels. Service is grand without being overbearing. Our room and our bath are both quite roomy and very nice. Clean, great amenities. Only suggestion would be some type of mirror to sit on the desk. Some of us use the desk as a vanity and have to use a compact for a mirror. The closets are great and keep your suitcases out of the room, which my husband and I really appreciate. A particularly wonderful amenity is the water entrance. How Venetian to be able to board or alight from the water taxi right in the Lobby. Breakfast is an experience not to be missed as are drinks in the late afternoon on the veranda at the Grand Canal.

Room tip: We are happy with the King Superior or Deluxe. Had a view of St. Moise. View not as important as this excellent location.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Susan L
BauerHotels, Direttore at Bauer Palazzo, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2015

Dear Guest,
we have been delighted to welcome you back at the Bauer during your recent visit in Venice.
We thank you for your loyality towards us, and we are extremely happy that you enjoyed again your stay.
Thank you for your feedback on your preferences, we will defenitely find a proper solution for your next stay at the Bauer.
Please feel free to contact us while planning your future visit, the Bauer Team looks forward to see you soon.
Best regards

Reviewed December 2, 2015

Room tip: I was upgraded to a deluxe room - not sure what a superior room (my booking) would have been like but the deluxe room was very nice indeed.
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com

Reviewed December 1, 2015

Loved the decor of this hotel, the rooms are large with high ceilings and brilliant views of the Grande Canal. The service is brilliant! The food is great -breakfast was delicious, overlooking the Canal. the location is close walking distance to St Marco Piazzo. The concierge organised everything for us from excursions to the Island of Murano, to restaurant recommendations and bookings. We loved this hotel.

Date of stay: January 2015
1  Thank burgsSydney

Dear Guest,
we are happy that your stay with us met your expectations and that you received all the attentions from the Team.
The Bauer is one of the historic Hotels of Venice, the building has been developed between 1868 and 1949, the categories of rooms are several and can accommodate all different needs: we can offer rooms from 100 sqm to 25 sqm, different views and interiors.
We look forward to welcome you back at the Bauer!!

Reviewed November 26, 2015

There are not enough words that I can place in this review to describe this EXCELLENT hotel!

I received impeccable customer service from the time I booked my hotel online in April 2015 until I arrived in October 2015. My communication was with Mr. Davide Buccheri who managed my reservation! Chose Bauer Il Palazzo as my pre-cruise stay hotel

My room-upgraded to a Canal Suite. Awesome view of the Grand Canal; I watched cruise ships escorted in and out of the cruise terminal, gondolas passing by;

Location: on the Grand Canal, walking distance to Harry's Bar and many attractions on San Marco

Hotel room: Beautiful Venetian decor, electronic means of opening and closing shutters at window (see all pics), parlor, sitting area, hallway, white Roman marble bath

Hotel staff: Piero Magrino (Operations Manager), Roberto, everyone at front desk (names I can't recall) Excellent customer service from my arrival to departure

Dining: I arrived early, so my room wasn't ready. I had lunch on the ground level restaurant. Great club sandwich with egg; I was given a "pigeon defense" object to keep the pigeons away. Pigeons love Bauer Il Palazzo's food, too!

Breakfast was included. I had breakfast with a great view of the Grand Canal.

Highly recommended luxury hotel located on the Grand Canal; worth the splurge

Thank you all for making my first trip to Europe and to Venice an exceptional, relaxing stay!

Room tip: upgrade to a suite
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
BauerHotels, Direttore at Bauer Palazzo, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2015

Dear Guest,
we are delighted to have had you as a Guest to the Bauer Palazzo, we really enjoyed the time spent with you while being here.
The way that the Team interact with the Guest, from the reservation moment until the end is very important and each team member knows it.
The Bauer Palazzo is a unique entity in Venice, and need to be known: we are merging the Bauer Palazzo creating a one Hotel therefore, a direct line with the Team is very important to avoid any misundertanding or regret to our Guests.
We really look forward to have you back soon with us, we thank you once again and we remain at your complete disposal for further information.

Reviewed November 25, 2015

This hotel celebrates luxury and the finer things in Venice -- from the art to the china to the furnishings in your room. Conveniently located around the corner from San Marco Piazza, a gondola station at its door, amongst top shopping, restaurants and right on the Grand Canal. Service is top notch. Food is delicious. Views are memorable.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
thank you for your review of your recent stay.
We appreciate your enjoyment of the Bauer Hotel, is indeed aligned with the expectation of our clientele for a stay in Venice: we keep the tradition and the heritage that Venice offer to the visitors.
We look forward to have you back with us.
Best regards