1,664 results
All reviewsharry's bargrand canalpalazzo selvadegowater taxiterrace restaurantgondola stationst marks squareperfect locationbeautiful hotelconcierge staffsan marco squarevaporetto stoprooms are smallcroissantsjunior suitestay in venicemurano
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The location is practically unbeatable for the price. There is a Gondolier stop right on the patio, practically. The terrace is ON the grand Canal. This is where we ate breakfast each day..and I was back in Venice a week later and took my husband there to eat late lunch..the view is SO great. I wanted him to see where I stayed on my earlier visit.
You walk out the hotel door, take a left and then a right, and you are in Piazza San Marco! Harry's Bar is an overpriced 'institution' across the street, which is packed each night.
My room was on the 3rd floor. There was some kitchen noise from breakfast each morning, as I had my window open. The mini fridge is in the closet..and created a lot of heat, so I found my room warm. The bed was pretty hard..but I found that to be the case in almost every place I stayed in Italy. The bathroom was massive! Huge tub, nice sink, big mirror and heated towel rack. I actually think the bathroom was bigger than the part of the room that had the bed, TV, and desk!
Breakfast is a great experience.. buffet style. Eggs, pastries, meats, fruit and yogurt. You may eat on the terrace or inside. It is so amazing to eat breakfast on the grand Canal.
Location is the key to this Hotel...it is nice, and close to the Piazza, so if that is what you are looking for, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank eeeandess
Reviewed April 13, 2012

First off, the location of this hotel is fantastic. San Marco is practically at the doorstep as are all the high-end boutiques like Prada, Bottega, etc. The vaporetto stop is also at your doorstep. We arrived by water taxi from the airport and literally disembarked onto the hotel patio, at which you can take breakfast.

The rest of the hotel, however, is just OK only...nothing fantastic. The standard room was a comfortable enough size, and the bathroom was nice and spacious. However I didn't like that the room was carpeted, and the carpet looked and felt like it had not been cleaned in a long long time! It felt grimy under my feet and the hotel didn't provide any bedroom slippers, so that was pretty gross. I also didn't like that they have no irons and ironing boards in the rooms - you need to pay to have your clothes pressed. So business travelers, take note.

The service was mixed - some really friendly and responsive staff, but also some indifferent ones. Asked the concierge to recommend a nice restaurant for dinner. He made a reservation at one, and gave us directions. When we arrived, the restaurant looked like a real tourist trap and the proprietor insisted on seating us at a stuffy corner far inside when all the al fresco tables were still unoccupied (we were really early for dinner!). It being the height of summer, we declined and decided to go to another restaurant just around the corner - far friendlier service and had a nice buzzy crowd, and we got a table outside so we could watch Venice go by. So I wouldn't recommend relying on the hotel concierge for dining recommendations - do your own research on good places to eat, and get the guy at the concierge to make reservations for you, but NOT recommend you a restaurant!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Had a great 4 night stay at this lovely hotel, a former palace recently refurbished cleverly combining both traditional and contemporary styles. It is conveniently close to the Vaporetta (waterbus) stop at Piazza San Marco. Breakfast on the terrace was a delight with a wonderful view across the Grand Canal and gondolas. The room was very clean, comfortable and had a well appointed bathroom. The Staff were efficient and polite.
This hotel is in close proximity to everything you wish to be close to!

Room Tip: Request a view of the Grand Canal.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jane_hayes
Reviewed April 5, 2012

The rooms were worn out and should be urgently renovated. They were decorated in a very standard business-like fashion, and were quite small, which is usual for Venice. The staff at the reception was very unfriendly, and the concierge was neither kind nor helpful. However, the hotel's location is great, right next to the Plazza San Marco. And the breakfast is outstanding! It is a must, especially on warm days. You sit right on the Grand Canal, with an astonishing view. The buffet is very complete. The breakfast just nicely completed the romantic Venice experience.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, ask for a room with a view of the Grand Canal.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank duckyduck50
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My husband &i have just had a fantastic 4 day trip with my parents staying here. The staff were very attentive and helpful. We had lovely rooms on 3rd floor, we didn't have much of a view but breakfast on the terrace in the sunshine every morning more than made up for that. We booked a B&B package and breakfast was meant to be continental, but we couldn't have asked for more! We helped ourselves to anything from pastries & fruit to eggs & bacon finishing with a glass of fizz!!

The location of the hotel is great, right next to Harry's bar. So you are in easy reach of St Mark's square as well as vaporetto stops there.

We could not fault the experience, a wonderful trip

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple