1,663 results
All reviewsharry's bargrand canalpalazzo selvadegowater taxiterrace restaurantgondola stationst marks squareperfect locationbeautiful hotelconcierge staffsan marco squarevaporetto stoprooms are smallcroissantsjunior suitestay in venicemurano
Reviewed November 5, 2014

I have stayed at the Monaco & Grand Canal in Venice a number of times. I find it is an ideal stop for Venice, situated on the Grand Canal a couple of hundred meters from Piazza San Marco and the best shopping areas. The restaurant is on the waterfront close to the Vaporetto Stop and Gondola moorings and meals there watching the buzzing activity are live entertainment at its best, with a menu that, while offering a slightly limited choice, serves beautifully cooked and presented dishes worthy of a fine restaurant in that Location.
The Hotel staff is pleasant and helpful and we asked for, and were placed in a fine, newly furbished, spacious junior suite, over the road rather than on the waterfront as it is quieter on that side.

Room Tip: rooms away from the waterfront are quieter
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2014

Our room faced the Grand Canal and overlooked a gondola mooring. The room and bathroom were relatively large for Venice. The bar and restaurant have indoor seating as well as a terrace on the Grand canal. The hotel is very close to the Vaporetto stop, the Piazza San Marco, and high end shopping. Service was very good. Wifi in the room was sporadic, but it was good in the public areas.

Room Tip: Prices are higher for rooms facing the canal, but the view is worth it. Rooms in the 120s and 220s face the canal.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2014

Unparalleled location near San Marco. This enabled us to enjoy the uncrowded beauty of the Piazza in the evening.
It was absolutely wonderful enjoying breakfast on the Grand Canal. Our room was in the annex, Hotel Salvadego,and was charming and spacious. It was a short walk to the main hotel for breakfast, but the ambiance was worth it!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elizabeth P
Reviewed October 25, 2014

This is not a world class hotel but it certainly boasts a world class location. I needed to stay near San Marco and was lucky enough to live in a lovely suite for a whole week on business; some of my colleagues were upgraded to Junior Suites. We loved waking up to an unbeatable view over the lagoon and the gondolas (as well as the occasional hideous cruise ship). The accommodation was somewhat dark and dated but utterly comfortable and very clean, with every amenity and highly effective window shutters. Apart from the splendid location in between Ca' Giustinian (the Biennale HQ) and Harry's Bar (both used as venues for our event), the highlight of my stay was the incredible service from the front desk staff, who could not have been more charming or helpful, even allowing us into the back office to use their scanner and fax. The breakfast buffet is OK, a bit 1970s, but you can order eggs a la carte. Due to time pressures, we dined on the terrace more often than I would have liked (I prefer to explore!) and the food was fine if not mindblowing; I would recommend the lovely salads and pasta dishes in particular. Again, the service on the terrace is charming, especially once you get to know the people. If you are arranging a wedding, ball or a business event, do not miss the incredibly beautiful palazzo-style rooms that occupy the entire first floor. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: It's all about the view. Splash out for a waterfront room. The Junior Suites are not much smaller than the Suites.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DanielleNay
Reviewed October 23, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a week attending a medical conference. The location of the hotel is absolutely perfect. Unexpected really nice. Unfortunately, the room I had was quite small. The restaurant and bar is good but not unexpectedly high price. We ambience is perfect. The staff is very helpful. I would happily stay here anytime in the future.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business