1,664 results
All reviewsharry's bargrand canalpalazzo selvadegowater taxiterrace restaurantgondola stationst marks squareperfect locationbeautiful hotelconcierge staffsan marco squarevaporetto stoprooms are smallcroissantsjunior suitestay in venicemurano
Reviewed March 31, 2007

We were staying at a nearby hotel but we liked the look of the Hotel Monaco and we decided that we would try the restaurant. We were not disappointed. We were greeted politely when we booked a table. The food and service were very good. It was a little expensive but all restaurants in Venice are. It cost significantly less than the comparable restaurant we used the night before and prices in many establishments in Venice seem to have increased a lot compared to our last visit three years ago . We enjoyed our dinner at the Monaco so much that we went back the following evening! On the way out we walked through the hotel lobbey area and it looked nice: we have put the Monaco on a list of possible hotels for when we visit Venice again.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank V3971RTjohn
Reviewed March 29, 2007

Just returned from Italy. My wife and I stayed 2 mights at this hotel. We had a "Junior Suite" overlooking the Grand Canal on the 2nd floor (3rd floor in US).

I am always amazed at the wide range of opinions of properties on this site. Our room was spotless--especially the bathroom. It was like that upon checkin and after housekeeping each day. The TV had about a dozen TV channels--at least 3 of which were in English (CNN, MSNBC, Sky News, and Euro Sport) and about 10 different music options.

A continental breakfast was included in the price of the room. And you had the option of having that breakfast delivered to your room at no extra charge. For us, that was a no brainer. Just fill out the menu card, circle the 15 minute window of time you wish delivery, and it gets delivered to your room.

The view overlooking the Grand Canal was truly magnificent. Each day when we returned to the room in the late afternoon I opened the window wide, made myself a drink, and spent about an hour just watching the ferry boats and the many gondolas that loaded from the dock right next to the hotel. And watching the setting sun across the Grand Canal toward the Basilica di Santa Maria Della Salute was almost magical. Views that I will never forget.

The hotel is a 2 minute walk to St. Mark's Square which is where the "action" is. The 6 Euro fee to take the lift to the top of the Campanile was well worth it. The views of the City were breathtaking. Also, the tour of the Basilica and Doge's Palace were unforgettable.

Stayed: March 2007
9  Thank James W
Reviewed March 27, 2007

I took my husband to this hotel as a special birthday treat. I read reviews on tripadviser and was a liitle apprehensive. As it turned out I need not have worried. The hotel itself is beautiful, the staff very helpful and informative. The bar and restaurant are a little expensive, but well worth it, as we had the best meal of our stay there. We were also impressed by the fact we could have breakfast delivered to our room each morning at no extra cost! I would highly reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Hulllass
Reviewed January 28, 2007

We stayed for 2 nights. Only a few steps to St. Macro. Although not facing the Canal, the room itself is very good. A few disappointments:
- No alarm clock.
- No slipper.
- TV does not have English movie channel (it's available in Roma & Florence hotels).
- Breakfast only has tea/coffee, juice, and bread. You have to pay extra for others (e.g. fruit, egg, etc.)

Agreed with one of the previous reviewers. DO NOT take the free hotel boat to Murano. I did and it's a mistake. They dropped us off directly in a retail store. Although we were not pressured to buy anything, the store was far away from the main pier and tourist location. It's a waste of time.

At departure to airport, hotel will advise you to take the water taxi. However, they did not tell me that I could take the water bus which was only 2 minutes walk from the hotel. Both would arrive at the same place at airport, but the price different was huge (EUR 90 vs 2X).

Food is way too expensive in Venice. Fortunately, taste is pretty good. Seafood is a must try. We tried the restaurant at hotel on one night and we went to another restaurant located beside Rialto bridge on another night. Both have fantastic food and service.

Venice is beautiful, but not much too see. 2 days are more than enough.

Stayed: January 2007
4  Thank KL03
Reviewed December 30, 2006

My husband and I have recently returned from this hotel and we had a wonderful time. The hotel reception had been recently refurbished and looked very tasteful. The hotel staff were very helpful and gave lots of useful advice. Our room was beautiful and the bathroom... well, very plush! We sampled the hotel bar - it was a little expensive, but worth it. We also sampled the restaurant and had the best meal we have ever eaten! The hotel is also in a fantastic spot for all of the sights and prime location from the water taxi stop of San Marco.

All in all, we had a wonderful time in Venice, greatly enhanced by this wonderful hotel experience. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank Daisydoll