“Overall Good Hotel”

Starhotels Splendid Venice
Ranked #64 of 387 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Recently stayed here in June 2017 - had a nice stay at this hotel, but found it a bit over-priced. Perhaps that is the case with all of Venice.

Location was great - not all canal view rooms are that wonderful. They were helpful enough to move us from our original canal view room to another room with a better canal view.

Rooms were quite spacious, service was a bit slow.

No major complains, had a nice stay.

Room Tip: For better views, take a lower floor
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
SplendidVenice, Direttore generale at Starhotels Splendid Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Dear Sidhant K,

Thank you very much for choosing us a place to stay in Venezia and for taking the time to leave your lovely review.
I am very pleased to hear that your time at Starhotels Splendid Venice was well spent and I would like to assure you that your important feedback will be taken into high consideration in order to improve the quality of our product.
I do hope to be welcoming you back soon on our romantic city.

General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,800)

Reviewed 3 July 2017

This hotel is centrally located in Venice you can go anywhere from this hotel to the other part of the island within 15 to 20 minutes and come back for resting in the middle of the afternoon. perfect location excellent service highly recommended

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Vib M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at Starhotels Splendid Venice.
It is such a pleasure for us to read all your good comments and feedback regarding your stay with us.
We couldn't agree more, our location is unbeatable. We are located exactly in the heart of Venice.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon in Starhotels.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights with our two teenage granddaughters. The hotel was in a perfect location. The bedrooms were spotlessly clean,attractively furnished and with comfortable beds. We had lunch in the hotel once which was excellent.The roof terrace was a perfect spot to enjoy pre dinner drinks. Our only criticism was that the buffet breakfasts were somewhat chaotic. The whole hotel had a great atmosphere and a "nice feel to it". We have no hesitation in recommending it and should we return to Venice The Splendid is where we will stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear CEMARMITAGE,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your lovely comment.
I am very pleased to hear that your time at Starhotels Splendid Venice was well spent and that you will recommend us with no hesitation!
I do hope to be welcoming you back again soon on our marvelous island.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

We have just stayed here for our anniversary as part of our Italian road trip and both the hotel and its service where fantastic!!

The Hotel is In a great location for St Marks Square and Rialto Bridge / grand canal.

We took gondola ride too which although expensive was worth every penny.

Breakfast was fantastic, it gets busy after 9.30 so get down early.

We will definitely book again

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Nicky M ,

Let me thank you for choosing Starhotels Splendid Venice and for sharing your experience.
I am very glad to read that you truly enjoyed your stay in our hotel for your special occasion.
Also, please be assured that I will give the highest consideration to your comment and I will address it to the relevant department.
I would be pleased if you would consider another stay with us in the next future.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Beautiful hotel. Excellent buffet breakfast included every morning. Staff was friendly and service oriented. Rooms were wonderful. GREAT LOCATION between St Marks square and Rialto bridge. Beds were some of the best ever used on a vacation! Rooftop bar very cozy but way overpriced

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank Susancvetkovic

Dear Susancvetkovic,

I am glad to read that you enjoyed our unbeatable location in the heart of Venice, together with the comfort of our rooms and the attention of our staff.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

my friends and I visited the Splendid hotel for one night during our stay in Italy and we were not disapointed. We were very pleased with the cleanliness, air conditioning and size of the rooms as most hotels in Venice are much smaller. We also loved the rooftop terrace that overlooked the city and had an amazing waiter who gave us top-notch service. Definitely recommend this to anyone staying in Venice.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank laura05887
SplendidVenice, Direttore generale at Starhotels Splendid Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Dear laura05887,

I am glad to read that you enjoyed our unbeatable location in the heart of Venice.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights ex service in all areas very efficient waiting staff in the Breakfast room we had a room on the 2nd floor nice and quiet the hotel sits right in the heart of the canals just a 5min walk to St Marks and surrounded by a wonderful array of shops amid a maze of alleyways

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pauline T
SplendidVenice, Direttore generale at Starhotels Splendid Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Dear Pauline T,

I am thrilled to hear that your experience was excellent and I assure you that I will be definitely sharing your nice words with the staff.
It would be a real pleasure to welcome you again in the near future.