The name really says it all, absolutely "spendid". Splendid Venice is a luxury boutique type hotel in Venice city center.
We arrived by boat from the airport (which is also on the water...arrive by plane, depart by boat...awesome!!). The staff were quick to assist us with our luggage and with getting us checked in, and then to our room. Even though my friend and I did not speak Italian, we had no problems with checking in as all of the staff we encountered spoke English.
We had a single room with one full /queen bed; a corner chair and a full-size bathroom. The hotel and room reflected a classic Venetian character and had a elegant, yet comfortable, feel. Our room did have a good view of a canal.
We were approximately 5 minutes (by foot) from San Marco Square and the Rialto Bridge; the hotel is also connected with the Vaporetto water bus stop “Rialto”.
Highly recommend visiting Piazza San Marco, known in English as St Mark's Square. It is the main public square of Venice, where it is generally known just as la Piazza. St. Mark's Square is dominated by the great church of St Mark (don't miss seeing the inside of the church). The sqaure also consists of many cafe's and shops; of particular not is Caffé Florian. Caffé Florian is an extremely charming cafe with many richly decorated rooms in different styles. It is the perfect place to enjoy an espresso (or hot chocolate with whipped cream) while sitting at a little table in the heart of Venice, just a few steps from the Grand Canal.
I could go on and on, but will end by saying that this was an AMAZING trip from start to finish.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Splendid Venice hotel is based in the historic centre of Venice, with the city's must-see sights and hidden treasures all within your reach. Just a short stroll or gondola ride will take you to Venice's most iconic sights: San Marco square and the Rialto Bridge. Like the city itself, our 165 rooms and suites are a mixture of styles, but all capture the essence of a romantic Venice holiday. Blending contemporary comforts with details that reflect classic Venetian character, each room has a light, elegant atmosphere, with many offering wonderful views over canals and the Venice skyline with its magnificent San Marco's bell tower in the horizon. Le Maschere at the Splendid Venice is one of the few restaurants near San Marco Square that is popular with Venetians and tourists alike. This authentic Venetian restaurant serves classic dishes with a modern twist. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Starhotels Splendid Venice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Splendid Venice Hotel Venice
- Starhotels Splendid Hotel Venice
- Venice Starhotels Splendid Hotel
- Starhotel Splendid Venice