“Fantastic”

Hotel Gabrielli
Ranked #112 of 385 Hotels in Venice
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We have just spent 4 days in room 331 at the Hotel Gabrelli.
We got the plane to Treviso, a bus to Venice and then Valporetta No 1 to Arsenal, 1 bridge and we were at the Hotel. We arrived early, went to see if we could drop our case off but were told that our room was ready and we could check in.
Two bridges to San Marco, easy walking distance. We had a room over looking the bay, which gave us plenty of people watching to do if we were in the room.
We went to reception and go our Free Internet access, although it does say on the card in the room that it is not free. bathroom was fine, Additional sink built into the wardrobe. Hotel staff were great, not that we really had much dealings with them everything was perfect. Breakfast was breakfast, no worse than many hotels I have stayed in, buffet style help yourself. It can be noisy when the valporetta are picking people up, dropping them off or being moored for the night, but we slept with the windows open, guess if you have walked enough during the day you can sleep through anything. I am not a good sleeper but managed fine. Overall a very pleasant stay in Venice

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Sheila R

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We were looking forward to our stay at the hotel, good location and from the description thought it was appealing. We were disappointed overall- the room was small, didn't look over the courtyard. We tried the restaurant for dinner and was very disappointed in the quality, quantity was satisfactory. If ordering wine, check to ensure you receive the wine is the year your ordered- will say no more on this.
Breakfast was satisfactory. Front desk was friendly. Dining room service was inconsistent- breakfast -very good, dinner -not so good.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rockend86
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My wife and I spent three magical nights here as part of our European honeymoon. When booking I mentioned it was our honeymoon and they put us in one of the most awesome rooms with views of the Grand Canal and the bustling strip of the Riva Delgi Schiavoni. We found the staff to be excellent with all our questions being answered in a helpful and friendly manner and they even booked a dinner and show for us at the Venice Jazz Club. I've read reviewers complaining about the breakfast but I can't see how you can complain when its included FREE in the room rate. That being said there is a selection of cereal, bacon, eggs, cold meats, cheeses, breads, sweet breakfast pastries, fruit, juice, coffee...so you should be ok!!! The location is fantastic as well being right in the heart of all the action and also the water taxi stop is right out the front of the hotel making getting anywhere in Venice really easy. We have decided that we want to come back to Venice again and would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view - we had room 119 which has two windows that open up overlooking the cana...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2012

The furniture was old, the decor was from another era as a previous reviewer said and I loved it! It was just what I hoped for for my first trip to the lovely Venice.
My room was tiny and cosy and overlooked the lagoon. The bathroom was all marble and beautiful.
Some of the staff may have seemed a little chilly but most were very kind and Caroline was one of the sweetest people I have met on my travels. I think she really made the visit for me. Every evening she was in the lobby when I returned from walking and exploring all day and she always was friendly and chatty. I left feeling like I had made a friend.
I hope I will have many chances to return and I will always stay here!

If you are looking for shiny, new, generic and all updated, this may not be the place for you. If you are looking for a charming place with lots of history in a beautiful location that has the character of the amazing city you have traveled to experience, come to the Hotel Gabrielli and hope that Caroline is in the front lobby waiting for you!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We booked a water view room with this hotel, and when we arrived they had overbooked us.
No attempt was made to make things up to us, the room was tiny and basic, staff were not that friendly and breakfast was very basic also.
Very disappointed and would not return.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank tilly21_10
Reviewed 2 February 2012

My husband and I took our dream trip to Italy, visiting Venice, Florence & Rome in August of 2007. I realize this is a bit dated, but I meant to review earlier. After searching all the reviews and tips on Trip Advisor, I booked the Hotel Gabrielli for our stay in Venice. We were a little nervous having never been to Italy before, but were very happy once we arrived. A water taxi took us from the airport to almost directly in front of the hotel. The hotel is older and a bit small, but we loved the atmosphere and location. Check in was super easy, and our room looked directly over the water. Perfect views! The hotel offered breakfast in the indoor courtyard every morning. Everything was in immediate walking distance, St Marco Square, Rialto Bridge, museums, shopping, etc. We walked everywhere, so bring good walking shoes. One of our favorite moments was the gondola ride through the canals. Sounds cliche, but you have to do it! Absolutely loved Venice...it looks like a movie set straight out of Hollywood!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a water view!!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2011

Enjoyed the experience, walking distance from the Saint Marco square - main attraction. The hotel looks nice and well-kept. However, our room faced the waterfront - which was very nice, but there was a hotel-related restaurant right underneath us - we could hear everything till late at night and woke up at 6 or 7 a.m. as the cleaning car was making a lot of noise downstairs. But we were on the 2nd floor, maybe a few floors up would be better - otherwise very nice hotel. Staff was helpful and gave us brown-bag breakfast as we were leaving early in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple