“Fantastic food, inexpensive, great service.”

Ristorante Biennale
Ranked #1,241 of 1,615 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Castello
Reviewed September 27, 2018

We ate here on our first day as our B&B is a few minutes walk away, we are glad we did. I ate a pepperoni pizza and my wife had carbonara and both meals were fantastic, cooked to perfection. The service from our waitress was very good, very attentive, and the cost of this restaurant is definitely worth how good the food was. For two mains and two glasses of wine each we paid approximately €60, which is in my opinion a very fair price. I would recommend this place if you are staying close by in Venice.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

Delicious food especially the gnocchi,. Staff very good attentive but not overbearing! Return visit does not disappoint.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Took an eternity to take our drinks order. All three staff serving were rude and abrupt. Had to ask for everything, very unattentive. The couple next to us had their main served whilst finishing starters!
Food and drinks were reasonably priced. No service charge included thank goodness but they do charge €1.50 pp for the bread put on the table

Reviewed August 7, 2018

We arrived late in the day to Venice. The kids were tired and hungry so rather than look around a bit more we basically settled on the first place we came to. Never do that.

The maitre d' was outgoing. Even showed my son how to use a spoon with his spaghetti. The rest of the wait staff were a decent lot. Nothing exceptional. It was all downhill from there.

The pizza was just ok and that was the highlight of the meal. The carbonara was a joke. The spaghetti and meat sauce was very average, probably from a jar. Based on our experience here you will be happier at any other place on Garibaldi. Heck, go to Coop and buy sandwich stuff and it will be better and save you a lot of money.

We would never eat there again. The food wasn't inedible but it wasn't much better. I see other reviewers that raved about the food but I wonder if they are confused about the restaurant they ate at. We had four entrees between us and none of them could be called good. One reached barely average, one was terrible and the other two would slot in at either poor or way below average. For the price and (lack of) quality you are better off going anywhere else.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 18, 2018

We went to this restaurant on our second night in Venice.
I ordered salmon, and that is exactly what i got, nothing else not even garnish. My son ordered ravioli, and i have seen more come out of a tin at home,my husband ordered lasagne and look more like a childs portion.
The next night we dined at another restaurant and for a similar price, the food was far more superior

Date of visit: July 2018