All reviews accademia bridge vaporetto stops handmade pasta breakfast garden grand canal kept spotlessly clean dorsoduro district small hotel alilaguna line fourth floor aqua alta traditional hotel terrace overlooking quiet location hams blue line junior suite
Reviewed November 25, 2018

I stayed at the Agli Alboretti for ten days, twenty one years ago, with my very young daughter. I never had occasion to return there until my most recent visit to Venice, this month.Obviously, I had very good memories and associations and was very much looking forward to it,and what awaited me was even better than the previous time.
The hotel is now run by the daughter of the owner who was in charge when I was there before; the same kind of intimate feeling is part of what makes staying there so lovely.

Architecturally, it is warm and small, but not too small.It is extremely well located on a flat part of a "street", with no bridges to cross at all (an extremely important feature when carrying luggage in Venice), equidistant between two vaporetto stops, which makes transportation very easy and accessible. It is also right around the corner from the Accademia and within very easy walking distance to many of the main sites of the city. Yet is also has enough residential feeling to make it different than many hotels much closer to the bustle and noise of the city.That in itself makes it desirable.

The room I had (306) was a small,double room, right by the elevator, but very quiet. It had in it a kettle and small refrigerator, which were both very convenient and helpful.There were sufficient hanging spaces and drawers for one person, but I think had I be there with another person, it might have been lacking.
The bed was very comfortable and the cleanliness was impeccable.
The only real drawback in the room was the lack of any kind of shelves in the newly refurbished bathroom and no full length mirror. (Both of those things can easily be remedied.)
On the second floor there is a little "salottino", a reading room with very comfortable chairs and intimate feeling in which to sit quietly. I enjoyed it very much a few times. There is also a computer on a desk in the space next door to the salottino, which is very helpful. On the fourth floor there is a small garden terrace, which is a charming space.
The breakfast is good by Italian standards: fresh fruit salad every day, juices, cereals, cheeses, meats, a variety of breads, pastries and yogurts.
Since I have certain food problems, I told them at the dining room and they made sure to have rice milk, gluten free bread, rolls and cookies and did everything they could to make it easy and pleasant for me.
In general, the staff did above and beyond in making my stay delightful, and in every respect they did more than the basics to make it memorable. Silvia, Cinzia and all the other people whose names I sadly cannot remember, were kind, helpful and always available to be of help.
This is what makes a hotel a wonderful experience.
It is highly recommended.

Date of stay: November 2018
2  Thank Ahuva
Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

A gorgeous little hotel that is stuffed with books curiosities and other celebrations of the city and its history. At first it seemed a little cramped but was actually very comfortable and, if the weather is unkind (which during my stay in the city it often was) you can be perfectly content in the hotel. It is close to atmospheric sights which are lighter on tourist traffic than closer to St Mark’s. Good breakfast with, mercifully, great coffee.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank LesFlamantsRoses
Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

They saved us during the aqua alta! We could not make it to our rented apartment and they had a room for us on the spot. Very friendly staff. Room was clean, there were some drinks in the fridge for us. We didn't have breakfast as we just wanted to make it to our apartment before any more flooding! Thank you!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HotelAgliAlboretti, Proprietario at Hotel Agli Alboretti, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2018

Dear guests,

Thank you for your nice words, we are very pleased to know that we have been of help
We hope to welcome you again in the future, not due to extraordinary weather circumstances but for a pleasant and relaxing stay!
Sincerely

Reviewed October 11, 2018

Really nice small hotel outside the crowded center of Venice but still close to most of the attractions. Location of the hotel & Dorsoduro District in general are really great and recommended, if u want to stay in a more chilled area, not packed with loads of tourists. Transportation and moving around is super easy as well. Staff were very friendly and helpful with all the questions and recommendations. Breakfasts were really good too! Recommended, when in Venice.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Levanole
Reviewed September 16, 2018

My wife and I stayed at the Agli Alboretti for two nights just a week ago. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The location was very convenient, very close to the Vaporetto stop at Accademia Bridge as well as the Allaguna stop at Zaterre. Our room on the top floor was small but well equipped with two beds and a complete bathroom. Everything was spotlessly clean. The room faced away from the street and was very quiet. When we had some issues with our AC not being cool enough, it was attended to right away. The breakfast was amazing with every thing you could ask for including great coffee.The front desk staff were extremely helpful answering all our questions about touring in Venice.We wholeheartedly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018