“Perfect spot in Venice”
Review of Hotel Galleria

Hotel Galleria
Ranked #187 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 5 June 2012

My wife and I along with our 9 month old son just returned home from 21 incredible days in Italy. We began our adventure in Venice and spent 3 great nights at Hotel Galleria. In a city where you can overspend for nearly everything and where accommodations cost far more then they should, Hotel Galleria is the perfect mix of location, experience and value. We opted to spend a few extra dollars upon reservations to get a superior room that gave us a bit more space for the baby as well as a great view onto the Grand Canal. It was worth it and in fact our highlight of Venice was waking up and spending each morning in the window over looking the canal enjoying or breakfast provided by the hotel with great coffee and delicious croissants.

Hotel Galleria was perfectly situated next to the Academia Bridge giving us easy access to all the sites of Venice within 10 -15 minute walks. The location is also only 5 mins away from the 'zattere' stop on the Alilaguna Blue line giving in easy and affordable access to the airport.

If we return to Venice we would be sure to stay here again as we loved our experience. The rooms are quaint but sufficiently appointed and make you realize where you are which was exactly what we wanted. The floors were a bit creaky which was only noticed because it awoke the sleeping baby a couple of times but otherwise wouldn't even have been noticed. The staff was excellent and accommodating and having access to the fridge in the hallway for baby food was a great bonus!.

Room Tip: I highly recommend Room #8. Great crescent window overlooking the grand canal.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 May 2012

This Hotel has a great location. By the Academia Bridge and no more than 15 minute walk to any sight, especially St. Marco Square. But for us, we were coming off a Cruise, stairs with luggage was our concern, but from the Cruise ship location you take the Alilaguna yellow boat (13 euro w/luggage), get off at the Veterre stop, walk straight down the road and the hotel is at the end on the right, no bridges or stairs to deal with....fabulous! There are a few stairs in the Hotel, but Luciano carried our luggage up. They are very helpful. The room was very quaint, beds a bit soft, but you're in Europe, that is how it is, we still slept just fine. I would come back to this Hotel in a flash. You can get the boat to airport at the same Veterre stop close to the Hotel (16 euro).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Julie O
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We spent a week at the Hotel Galleria and had a wonderful time. The location is amazing and the view of the Grand Canal from our window (#5) was perfect. The rooms are small but charming. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Some of the rooms (including ours) share a bathroom but this was not an issue - the bathroom was kept very clean. Having the Accademia Bridge and vaporetto stop right outside made things incredibly convenient.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard K
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Hotel Galleria is at a great location in Venice. The hotel is small but extremely charming because the decor is Venetian...complete with wood plank floors. The room and bathroom is clean with fresh-smelling sheets.

The best thing about Hotel Galleria is the people: Luciano, Stephano, Albert, and even the housekeeper are all friendly and accommodating. I would stay here again!

I wish I had booked Hotel Galleria sooner. I mistakenly booked myself at a crappy joint near them and walked into Hotel Galleria that same night and luckily they had a room.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 2 May 2012

This is a very small hotel but packed with charm. We loved our stay here. the location is perfect as the vaporetto stops virtually at the door - this was very handy as it was raining when we arrived.
Luciano, Stefano and the rest of the staff are warm friendly helpful and very welcoming. We had Room 8 which looked out on to the Grand Canal. While is wasn't a huge room it was more than adequate for us and we loved the charming furniture. The bathroom was small but still had the biggest shower that we encountered in Italy. Breakfast (served on a tray in your room) was delicious - the hot chocolate was to die for and the croissants were the best that I have eaten.
We would certainly stay there again as we were made to feel at home and very comfortable with a wonderful location and unbeatable views. They also have free wi fi in the lobby - with comfortable chairs to sit in and lovely Murano glass in cabinets.
Hotel Galleria certainly added to the magic of Venice for us and made it the most relaxing few days of our travels. Thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My fiance and I recently stayed at the Hotel Galleria on our first trip to Venice, and I can only hope to get a room there every time I travel to Venice from this point forward. It was fabulous. The hotel itself is charming. It is decorated with beautiful antiques and Murano glass chandeliers. Many of the rooms have a lovely view of the Grand Hotel and the Academia Bridge. They serve a delicious breakfast in the room, but best of all, the staff is awesome. Mr. Luciano welcomed us to Venice by recommending one of the best cichetti restaurants on that side of town. He and his business partner consistently recommended excellent dining establishments, interesting places to sight see, and provided us with friendly and helpful directions along with maps. When I broke my arm at the end of the stay Mr. Luciano even made a trip to the local Farmacia for me. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to have a wonderful Venice experience.

Room Tip: Like many hotels in Europe, not all rooms have a private bathroom, so be sure to ask for one if that...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mboyd71
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I have stayed 4 times in this charming hotel and enjoyed it so much I booked it as a present for my brother and sister in law, or at least I thought I had booked it. I was in email correspondence with the hotel and sent through my details to confirm the booking. As the date came nearer and I realised I had not received confirmation I rang the hotel who had no record of my booking and were by now full. I was very disappointed, however the hotel staff could not have been more helpful, they were very apologetic (even though it may or may not have been them who were at fault) and sourced other accomodation for me. A nice apartment near St Marks square. Mistakes happen and they did all they could to rectify the problem for me. I have found that if the website does not give the information required and/or if email contact breaks down it is very effective to ring the hotel directly. I have never spoken to anyone who could not speak English and all staff have been very helpful, so please do not let technology put you off this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends