New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

and 1 more site!
Locanda Armizo
Ranked #399 of 462 Venice B&B and Inns
bristol
“Great hidden hotel in fantastic location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

Stayed in August 2011 for 2 nights at the end of a backpacking trip.

We found the hotel OK but couldnt get in for ages. Kept on banging on the door and ringing the doorbell and was eventually allowed in and checked in via skype (quite odd). The room was spacious, clean and had a good bathroom.

The lady who brought in breakfast was friendly and the food was good quality with tea and coffee.

The best thing about this hotel is the location, right next to the Rialto bridge. As we were on a budget and it was warm, we sat by the gondolas (next to the pricey restaurants) and had a drink with some takeout beers, heaven!

Venice is obviously a fantastic city that needs to enjoued once, just maybe rethink any ideas of going in August, it is proper busy and a bit stressful. That said, it is an experience of a lifetime and has some awesome ice-cream parlours.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
Barnoldswick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights from 4th October 2011. Used the water buses from the airport, changed at Rialto Bridge then just 1 stop to San Silvestro stop. From there it is just moments to Locando.
After using the door intercom, we were allowed in and had to communicate via Skype at reception, wasn't a problem. The Reception was staffed at breakfast time. Breakfast is coffee, bread roll and croissant, which is what they said when we booked, it was fresh though.
The location is really good, with very easy access to all Venice has to offer with a wonderful bar just round the corner!!!
The room we had (No. 02) was large, clean and very comfortable, as for Wi-Fi, don't know as we were there to see Venice, not surf the net!!!
We have no gripes at all after our stay, it was just as expected and Venice was wonderful.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank itismeNorman
Springfield, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

Really liked the location, less than two blocks from the Rialto bridge and only a short walk from the vaporetto stop. The room was clean, but quite dated. Bed was extra firm. Instant coffee and a croissant served for breakfast between 8:00 & 10:00 (no deviations). Check-in was via a Skype connection, so little assistance or guidance. We were unable to get a wi-fi connection on either our phones or the laptop. The plus to that was that 'an associate' came over to try to correct the problem (unsuccessfully), but he provided a fantastic recommendation for dinner.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom A
Hamburg, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

The rooms were really outdated, the beds were really uncomfortable and the breakfast was just some day old bread out of a bag with jelly.
If I were to return to Venice, I would try my luck with a new place.
There was no help at the desk and you communicated via Skype to the attendant which was kind of weird. His English was fine, but I would hate to not speak his language.

Room Tip: All the rooms are outdated that I saw.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

Service and security at this place were abysmal. We got there at six in the morning and the man looked so put-out at having to let us in that early even though we had written ahead of time to ask about it and they told us to come anyway. He was rude to us and told us to put our luggage in a hallway next to the linen closet area. We asked about five times if he was sure it was secure, and he said yes. When we came back after a full day of sightseeing, one of our bags (a small carry-on type with no items of commercial value but very personally important) was just...gone. My boyfriend remembered specifically putting it behind his other bag so it would be safe. Gone. We went back to the man, who again was upset with us now for coming back so "late"! Excuse me, we are not going to spend our first day in Venice waiting around to check in to the hotel! He said he "didn't remember" us having that bag--even though they had the place under VIDEO SURVEILLANCE--and said he wouldn't do anything about it. He kept asking how much our stuff was worth--my guess is that he was trying to gauge how much to charge for it on eBay! He was rude and mean to us--tried to tell us that he was going to need our passports and we could go but I said NO, we are not letting our passports out of our sight. So I sat there and stared at him while he copied the information down. Although he did NOTHING to help find our things or look for them, he managed to find the time to change outfits four times that day/night and video chat with his girlfriend...on the computer that supposedly monitors the luggage area!
He told us the woman who works the day shift would help us the next day, since he was too lazy/guilty to fix our problem or do his job. The woman was helpful but couldn't do anything for us. She helped us look and took down all our information. But she said the "owner" was "out of town" and she couldn't reach him, so she couldn't do anything. She said she would e-mail me when she reached him.
Have I gotten an e-mail? Guess. (It's been six months.)
Our room was clean and spacious. The location was pretty good but not as good as other reviews lead one to believe. The Wifi was sporadic, as others have noted, not that important.
However...IT IS NOT WORTH IT TO STAY HERE. They are not secure and not trustworthy. The service is horrible (the day clerk was again not bad but I could tell she just wanted to get rid of us). This almost ruined our entire trip to Venice--thankfully my boyfriend convinced me not to let it get to me and I could appreciate this beautiful city.
However I was very upset and I have to say it set a precedent for the way I was treated in Italy--rudely, without compassion, and dishonestly.
Do not stay here if you value any belongings you have with you.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Beejeast

Travellers are raving about these Venice hotels

Windsor, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2011

On the fence about this place. First, my reservation specified that 100% advance prepayment required. After three weeks of my credit card not being charged, I called to double check our reservation and to see if they would charge my card. After about 30 minutes they found my reservation and said they would charge my card (I made the reservation in Jan, called in Feb and stayed in April).

They never charged my card before our stay, but at least we did have a reservation, although we did have to wait a good 20 minutes outside at 11 o'clock at night while they found the reservation - again. The problem with not charging my card in Jan vs. April was a good $30 or $40 in exchange rate difference (awesome).

Second, there was supposed to be free WiFi, however - no such luck. My husband owns his own company and has to be able to contact his company and there was no WiFi to be found (or help to find it). We decided to wander towards San Marco square at night to see if we could find an open WiFi network and actually found one a bridge on our way (yea, WiFi bums in Venice - how romantic).

The room was nice, quiet and pretty large - as far as I could tell not something usually found in Venice. This was a great location near the Rialto Bridge, and was really easy to find at the end of the day because all the signs point to either San Marco or Rialto.

And third, we were not able leave our luggage on our last day because we were told no one would be in the lobby to let us back in. We had to pay an extra 8 Euro at the train station to leave it there, way to leave a warm fuzzy feeling.

So, anyway - I'm on the fence. Nice place, good location, but terrible service or lack there of left me $50 over budget and a bad taste.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank blueruby2112
California, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2011

My daughter, her friend, and I stayed at the Case Arte building of the Locanda Armizo hotel in Venice on December 30th, 2010 through January 1, 2011. It was our first time staying in an Italian hotel and we were fresh off the place/bus/boat from the US. The hotel was very good about emailing with us to confirm the reservation and giving us directions to the hotel. Venice is very confusing and full of little alleys and the directions were very good. We were ignorant about how far we'd have to carry our luggage and the number of stairs around Venice so it was a rough walk for us from the water taxi. The hotel staff was adequate and gave us our room key and information about the area. There is no elevator and only tiny stair so we hauled our luggage up the tiny stairs. The room was adequate in size but we had three people so the couch was made into a bed. It was a small room and the bathroom was very small with a plastic, flimsy shower. We had a problem with our heat that was never resolved so it was very cold in our room! I talked to the staff and the gentleman at the desk came up to our room to show me how to work the heater but he left without ever getting it working and told us just to wait.

The hotel offers breakfast but we were still off local time so we never got to eat breakfast at the hotel. They have free internet that works sporadically in the room, but works well in the breakfast area on the main floor. There is coffee, tea, etc in the breakfast area. On New Year's Eve the staff member at the desk gave us cake and hot chocolate when we were sitting in the breakfast room.

The location is really good. We could easily walk to the San Marco square which beats the cost of the water bus (6.50 Euro). Shopping is excellent and near by and there are many snack shops and restaurants. We did a walking tour of Venice that we found in a guidebook and enjoyed it.

Our experience with the cold was probably related to the time of year. That's why people don't go to Venice in Jaunary! But the chance to see Venice without the crowds and summer smells was very nice. The hotel was adequate and just what we needed.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends